'22 TN OT Jacob Hood

Is the current staff really not in contact with this kid?

They're on it and building a relationship. They live what they see from him at the Big Man Challenges and his work outs. He has gone from just being big to being big, aggressive, and looking like a stud football player. He has been very disciplined in his eating habits and constantly being early for workouts and doing independent stuff too. John Brice said the other day he hasn't seen a kid make a physical turn around and look this good since we had Tiny Richardson.

They're on it and building a relationship. They live what they see from him at the Big Man Challenges and his work outs. He has gone from just being big to being big, aggressive, and looking like a stud football player. He has been very disciplined in his eating habits and constantly being early for workouts and doing independent stuff too. John Brice said the other day he hasn't seen a kid make a physical turn around and look this good since we had Tiny Richardson.
Good to hear, would love this dude at either Tackle spot.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Just in this thread, there are videos of him, and you can easily see his vast improvement over a time period.

He was just a big fat kid with no muscle, weak legs and bad feet. The past 18 months has been crucial for him, His base is far stronger. His lateral movement is night and day. Upper strength leaps and bounds better- and obviously still needs to improve.

You all have done a remarkable job with him. Great job!

They’re not recruiting him. Haven’t been for a while.

😂 They aren’t “conceding.” He’s just not that high in their board.
Aren’t we after Fisher Anderson? Who is rated higher than Hood? Also, isn’t Anderson basically a lock and we already have a commit at OT? So I’d say if we get those two we are done at OT.

Reactions: onevol74
It almost feels like they're doing a Butch and kinda conceding but I could be wrong.
Pretty sure we are recruiting the individual next to him in your above post (Fisher Anderson - who has family ties to Tennessee) more than Hood and they already have a commit from another OT. Doubt they would take 3 OTs in this class.

Aren’t we after Fisher Anderson? Who is rated higher than Hood? Also, isn’t Anderson basically a lock and we already have a commit at OT? So I’d say if we get those two we are done at OT.
I think they’d take two more if it were an option. Anderson and Nichols would be competing to start in two seasons. I honestly think Dayne Davis locks the LT spot up until his eligibility ends n

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I think they’d take two more if it were an option. Anderson and Nichols would be competing to start in two seasons. I honestly think Dayne Davis locks the LT spot up until his eligibility ends n

I haven’t looked at our Tackles but are we that thin that we’d take possible 4 OTs?

I haven’t looked at our Tackles but are we that thin that we’d take possible 4 OTs?

Lost Jahmir Johnson and Wanya and took 3 interior linemen and no tackles in the ‘20 class. Need young tackles developing yesterday.

Edit: RJ Perry might count depending on his development.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we are recruiting the individual next to him in your above post (Fisher Anderson - who has family ties to Tennessee) more than Hood and they already have a commit from another OT. Doubt they would take 3 OTs in this class.
AP makes it sounds like we will take a minimum of 3.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I think it’s dumb we aren’t after this kid really.

Must be a good reason we aren’t.

Conditioning, work ethic, could be a number of reasons.

Not to mention we’re in on better rated tackles.

VN Store

Back