'19 TN OT Jackson Lampley (Tennessee signee)

Lampley goes to MBA in Nashville. The center for that team is my cousin, said lampley was a Clemson/auburn lean, but thst was before Pruitt was brought on board.

I think everybody knows where he goes to school. The other poster was asking if he trains with Buck Fitzgerald at National Playmakers Academy.

Reactions: 1 person
instate in 19 is loaded with skill guys, but not many linemen. Makes getting Lampley that much more important

jackson lampley still has ample time to make a college decision. Nevertheless, the junior who plays left tackle for montgomery bell academy in nashville, says he has “schools starting to stick out more than any of the others.” that list includes “tennessee, auburn, south carolina, wisconsin and penn state.”

the top247 member and 247sports no. 11-ranked offensive tackle in the 2019 class accepted an invitation from coach jeremy pruitt and offensive line coach will friend to check out tennessee on jan. 13 with the new staff in place. “i mean i really enjoyed my visit,” lampley told govols247. “i liked spending time with coach friend and really like getting to know him. Also i really liked getting to know coach pruitt. I feel like they’re going to be able to turn this program around.”

“he’s a really good guy,” lampley said of friend. “i mean i feel like he knows his ball pretty well. I also feel like he is one of the best offensive line coaches in the country. I really liked him a lot.” “we spent most of our day with coach friend,” lampley said. “i got to meet with coach pruitt. I really liked him from our conversations. Then, we went to the basketball game (at thompson-boling arena). After that, we went to neyland (stadium). “i’ve never seen that place snow, and i’ve been going to games there for my whole life, but it started snowing over there, which was kind of weird. Yeah, it was pretty cool.”

herb hand had been one of the lead recruiters for auburn with lampley until he left to coach the o-line at texas. J.b. Grimes has since replaced hand on the plains. Lampley said he really likes hand but all is not done with the tigers simply due to hand’s departure. “(hand) was kind of one of the main factors that drew me to auburn,” lampley said.

The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder will concentrate on weight training the remainder of this winter and on into the spring. As for upcoming visits, he says nothing is set in stone. “i’ve got a few visits probably coming up like south carolina and auburn maybe,” lampley said. “i’ve just got to figure out which junior days i’m invited to and who all wants me to come up.” the nashville native lists by 247sports as the no. 5 junior in the state of tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Vols in the end?

Lampley has never told me that Tennessee leads but given his familiarity with the program and the respect he has for Will Friend, the Vols will be tough to beat.

-Danny Parker, 247

Reactions: 6 people
"I really liked coach (Jeremy) Pruitt and coach (Will) Friend," Lampley said. "I got to hang out with some of the players like Jerome Carvin and Ollie Lane. It was a great experience to get to know those guys better. It was kind of odd to be over there with different people, but you still have some of the same people like Max (Parrott) and Roger Frazier. I really liked the new staff and how they interacted with everyone."

On CWF..."I think he is a really good fit for Tennessee," Lampley said. "I think he is a really good fit for the SEC. He was the offensive line coach at Georgia and he is one of the best offensive line coaches in the country. He's a southern boy and I like that a lot. He's pretty traditional in everything he does."

On CJP..."I know a lot of recruits have said this, but he just shoots you straight and that stands out above everyone else," Lampley said. "It's refreshing to talk to a coach that doesn't try to kiss up to you or anything like that. I liked that he is down to earth and is going to tell you what he thinks."

With Hand now at Texas, Auburn took a hit in their recruitment of Lampley. He is a road grader that shows incredible toughness and a nasty nature in the trenches. It's a big reason that Big Ten schools Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State have either offered or shown interest. The Badgers and Nittany Lions are near the top of his list because of their style of play. "I really like the offenses in both of those schools," Lampley said. "I like the way they run offense and the way they play football. I loved Wisconsin and I haven't been to Penn State yet."

And that's where his time the next month or two will be focused. It's all about coming to a decision and narrowing that list. "The next step or two will be crucial in my decision making process," Lampley said. "There are a few schools that I want to visit like South Carolina, Penn State, I may want to get up to Wisconsin again or Auburn. And then maybe LSU and Notre Dame. I want to make the best decision for me."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Any ‘19 commits soon?

In-state, I think OL Jackson Lampley is definitely one to watch. He's one who always has liked Tennessee, and I'm not sure exactly what kind of timeline he has in mind right now, but I definitely could see him doing something by this summer. Beyond that, we'll see.

- Callahan

Reactions: 3 people
Poster on VQ saying Lampley could jump in soon. I will take it with a grain of salt.
Would be bad azz and a nice start to our ‘19 class. Now let’s go get Washington, Knox, and Wilhoite.

Thanks for the info and keeping this forum levelheaded. Too many posters in Candyland

Anyone hearing something about him committing soon?

One of the talking heads I heard on one of the multiple stations I listened to today did say something about there is some rumblings he might pull the trigger by the end of this weekend.

Would be a great way to kickoff the 2019 Class with a guy who will probably be a high 4-Star if not 5-Star guy by this time next year.

Also a guy who would probably make the effort to make calls and make multiple unofficial visits to help recruit.

Has our relationship with MBA improved with the new administration? This is one of my early favorites and I’m hoping the rumors for once are true.

VN Store

Back