'19 TN OT Jackson Lampley (Tennessee signee)

I know some of the best offensive lines we have had in UT history were made mostly of or all were Tennessee born and bred. Bringing that tradition back. I see you, Butch.

Reactions: 2 people
In a recent interview with 247 Sports Jackson Lampley was asked what he thought about being offered a football scholarship by the college in which his father attended. "He said it's great being offered & even bigger that it was the University of Tennessee where my dad played his college football. He was asked about also receiving an offer from ole miss a few days later & he said that was interesting that another sec school followed up pretty quick with an offer after UT did". He was asked if his father influences him in any way in making a decision about his college future? Jackson replied by saying ", no way!"

Jackson says I only have 2 offers right now to ponder anyhow so not that it's a big decision to make at this time anyhow. I still have two more years of high school to improve." I'm sure or I hope to receive more offers but if this is all I get in the end that's fine with me. At least one of my two offers has come from my dream university & where my dad played a many game there & was a fantastic scout player his time there." I know how much he enjoyed his time at Tennessee. He's told me many stories about some of the things that went on while he was there."

I don't know what's going on here but CAPS aren't working & other weird things going on too with my quoted post above. :dunno: Edit: I logged out & logged back in & was able to edit/fix my quoted post above.

Last edited:
Video interview on VQ with Austin Price. Sounds like a smart young kid with a good head on his shoulders, said all the right things. Mentioned he enjoyed blocking for Ty Chandler this year and that he thinks TC will help UT quite a bit. He grew up a Vol fan going to games and talked about how great the tradition is, the program is on the rise, etc..but said his dad told him this is a business decision and to pick the right fit. Sounds like a Vol if we stay on him.

Since the UT offer he's picked up offers from Louisville, Duke and Ole Miss.

Reactions: 3 people
Have heard Brice mention Brad would be good to have in the AD. Brice did not mention a specific role

I don't think there is any doubt he's on his way to becoming an elite recruit. Great start already in the '19 class with the two early commits who are also going to be big-time prospects.

"I visited a few weeks ago and had a great experience there," said Lampley, whose father played for the Volunteers. "I loved talking to coach (Butch) Jones and (offensive line) coach (Walt) Wells. I know Tennessee well and have kind of grown up around the program. They're definitely standing out, but I'm just trying to keep my options open because it's so early in the recruiting process.

"I felt like I connected with coach Wells. In my opinion, one of the most important things is my relationship with the position coach. He's new, but I feel like things are going great, and I like him a lot. I think's he's a great guy and an excellent coach.

"I was also able to sit down with my dad and coach Jones in his office. It obviously meant a lot that we were able to speak. He stressed that it's such a big deal to play for your home state."
scout

Reactions: 4 people
"I had a great time," Lampley said. "It was a really good experience to have a relaxed day with a bunch of the other recruits. It wasn't so much of recruiting weekend trying to get guys to commit. It was just very laid back and I enjoyed that." It was also a chance to spend time with members of his class and other recruits in town. "I talked to a few of those guys from my class," Lampley said. "Mostly I talked to the other offensive linemen there like Cade Mays, Ollie Lane and Tanner Antonutti and guys like that."

Lampley has really taken to new offensive line coach Walt Wells. Both guys grew up in the Nashville area so there are some very easy talking points. Add in the fact that Lampley is very much an old head when it comes to work ethic and his daily life and the two get along really well.

"I like that relationship a lot," Lampley said. "Honestly I think he is just a great guy and a great coach. I've even seen his coaching tactics when I went to practice one day. I think he just cares about his players a lot. We talk about everything. He's from Middle Tennessee and we talk about high schools in our area. It's one of those relationships that we can talk about anything."

Lampley will visit both Auburn and Alabama this weekend. He has also tripped to Clemson, Louisville and Ole Miss recently. He's working ahead this summer and fall to get out in front of the process as he tries to get a grasp on what each school offers.

"I know for sure I will go to some games this fall," Lampley said. "I'm going to go down to Auburn for a game. Of course, I'll be to Tennessee for a game this fall. Right now, it's just one game per school because you don't know what's going to happen once September 1st gets here." Ole Miss, Duke, LSU, Louisville and several others are also heavily recruiting Lampley.

"I think I have grown," Lampley said. "I really feel like I've stepped up a lot vocally during our workouts. With camp coming up this fall, that's going to continue and really leading by example as well. I feel like it's more important to lead by example then being just vocal. I want to encourage guys and also show them how to work."

-VQ

Reactions: 7 people
Glad to see that tweet. At MBAs championship game (or BAs championship game rather) all the talk was him really liking Clemson and Auburn. Not as dominating as Trey Smith or Cade Mays obviously, but BAs D line is nothing to scoff at either.

The Vols continue to dish out plenty of 2019 and 2020 offers to prospects across the county, but the staff has made sure to make several key guys in the state know they’re needed on Rocky Top. Trey Knox, Jackson Lampley, Bill Norton, Eric Gray and Woodi Washington are priorities for the new staff.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back