'19 TN OT Jackson Lampley (Tennessee signee)

Dennis Lampley, grandfather of our Jackson Lampley, 138-21 as HC of Trinity HS in Louisville, KY, 5 state titles, and a record 50-game win streak...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 8.27.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 8.27.26 PM.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 6 people
I found another one. This is a rough old picture of Melvin Lampley, great-great-uncle of Jackson Lampley, from a 1938 UT program. Melvin played on the General's 1938 undefeated, all-shutout Vol squad...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 9.00.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 9.00.59 PM.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 9 people
I found another one. This is a rough old picture of Melvin Lampley, great-great-uncle of Jackson Lampley, from a 1938 UT program. Melvin played on the General's 1938 undefeated, all-shutout Vol squad...

This is freakin cool. Hope this kid becomes a hall of famer.

Reactions: 2 people
19 for '19: Vols early wish list

The Vol legacy and in-state lineman has already got 2019 started off right for the Vols by pledging orange on Thursday. Lampley brings size, toughness and passion in addition to his talent. The long time Vol is a big early get because of how much he can help Pruitt & Co., assemble the class.

-VQ

Reactions: 8 people
Didn't seem like there was a lot of that this past cycle, or at least we didn't hear much of it.

shrout, taylor and emerson were doing some for sure.

there just wasn't a lot of time for most of this class to really get to know each other. since several of the long time commits wound up going elsewhere, whatever peer recruting had occurred just went away. cade mays was doing a ton of peer recruiting at one point, and we know how that ended.

Lampley will do his part i'm sure. would be nice to get a couple more guys to commit this spring, and help out, get kids to camps and take visits.

i think so far, the staff has done pretty well getting out in front on the 19 and 20 classes while trying to assemble the 18. i would expect summer to be hoppin'.

feel like we're on more equal footing now. and who knows, maybe you get a win or two next year that gets peoples attention......that would be a nice bonus we haven't see in a while.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people
shrout, taylor and emerson were doing some for sure.

there just wasn't a lot of time for most of this class to really get to know each other. since several of the long time commits wound up going elsewhere, whatever peer recruting had occurred just went away. cade mays was doing a ton of peer recruiting at one point, and we know how that ended.

Lampley will do his part i'm sure. would be nice to get a couple more guys to commit this spring, and help out, get kids to camps and take visits.

i think so far, the staff has done pretty well getting out in front on the 19 and 20 classes while trying to assemble the 18. i would expect summer to be hoppin'.

feel like we're on more equal footing now. and who knows, maybe you get a win or two next year that gets peoples attention......that would be a nice bonus we haven't see in a while.:thumbsup:
Doesn’t help that Alontae kept undermining his commitment and kept taking other visits and calls. Hard to recruit for your school when you’re not solid.

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn’t help that Alontae kept undermining his commitment and kept taking other visits and calls. Hard to recruit for your school when you’re not solid.

once he re committed, which was shortly before the ESD, and before the all american game, he was definitely peer recruiting....was it a ton? no. did it have a huge positive impact? i'd say no not knowing every detail. but aside from his getting to know Griffin and copeland more, i don't know how much i expected anyone to 'peer recruit', at least to the point it was going to make a huge difference.

look there's no sugar coating how this past season worked out. and it did have an impact on our recruiting.

these guys will still be great recruiters for us, once they get in this system, get to know the coaches, and we start getting guys on visits.....then there'll be some 1st hand knowledge, and plenty to talk about, so everyone associated with the program, specifically recruiting to it, will be able to speak more intelligently on things at UT going forward.

VN Store

Back