'22 TN OT Grayson Morgan

“I’m hearing from them, like, a couple times a week,” said Morgan, who’s ranked the No. 731 overall prospect and No. 69 offensive tackle in the 2022 class and the No. 31 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Coach Heupel, he’s really been contacting me lately, and (offensive line coach Glen) Elarbee.”

The 6-foot-6, 255-pound Morgan already has started to make plans for some official visits. He said he’s scheduled to take an official visit to Kentucky the weekend of June 25, and he also intends to “go see a couple of the spring games,” starting with a trip to Mississippi State on Saturday.

“I’ll go see that, and then Tennessee’s is on the 24th, so I’ll go see that, too,” he said. “They were telling me about (the spring game). I didn’t have anything (that day). I don’t have any camps that weekend.

“It’d be a great time to see them coach in person, too, and everything, so I’m really excited about that.”
Morgan said he’s still getting more familiar with Tennessee’s new staff, but the Vols have made a good impression on him so far.

“They’ve just been telling me about their program, usually,” said Morgan, who holds offers from more than 20 schools. “We haven’t really gotten into details just quite yet. We’re just really getting to know each other and just starting at the basics, really.

“I mean, I like them — down-to-earth people. I haven’t gotten to know them real well, but we’ve been able to bond on a couple of things.”

While he’s in no hurry to decide on a college, he said Tennessee is one of the teams he’s considering.

“I mean, they’re definitely standing out,” Morgan said. “I mean, they’re SEC ball. They’re a great team. They’ve got a great coaching staff coming in, so I’m really interested in them. Just continuing to get to know them.”

His trip to Tennessee in less than two weeks won’t be his first time visiting Neyland Stadium.

“I’ve been up for a football game before, but that was awhile ago,” Morgan said. “I’ve been up to a couple. But it’s been a couple years now since I have.”
-Callahan

Not sure if it applies here, but my belief is that recruiting site rankings are going to be a little jacked up for next couple years. JMO

It will be. There will be more busts and more steals. No camps is hurting evals. I hate it for the late bloomers that will get lost in the shuffle and may not get the chance they would have before.

It will be. There will be more busts and more steals. No camps is hurting evals. I hate it for the late bloomers that will get lost in the shuffle and may not get the chance they would have before.
Other side of coin is coaches identify “late bloomers”, recruiting services whiff, fans get pissed off on crappy recruit, player balls out in college. We will see.

OT GRAYSON MORGAN
Tennessee joined the race for Morgan more than two months ago, and the 6-foot-6, 255-pound lineman from Nashville's Montgomery Bell Academy traveled to Knoxville last month to attend the Vols' spring-ending Orange and White Game. His parents both went to Auburn, so he didn't necessarily grow up dreaming of playing at Tennessee. But he knows some current students at Tennessee and has some friends who are interested in going to school there, and he knows Vols offensive lineman Jackson Lampley, a former MBA standout. Morgan is a former tight end and a lean, athletic tackle whose stock has continued to rise over the past few months. He's now being pursued by more than 25 schools. Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt appear to be among the main contenders for him at the moment. Morgan also is scheduled to take an official visit to Maryland next weekend, and he has an official visit to Kentucky set for the weekend of June 25.
-Callahan

Kid is very athletic. Just hasn’t filled out his body at all. This is more on potential than a finished product.
Very similar to Brian Grant who is committed.

VN Store

Back