'22 TN OT Grayson Morgan

No directed specifically at this young man, but from all the offers showing up on here, we seem to be firing a wide pattern shotgun blast at any and every kid who looks to maybe have potential. I just wonder when we and others will start offering middle schoolers.

No directed specifically at this young man, but from all the offers showing up on here, we seem to be firing a wide pattern shotgun blast at any and every kid who looks to maybe have potential. I just wonder when we and others will start offering middle schoolers.
I think this staff is confident in their ability to develop talent and that allows them to cast a wider net.

Don't understand your point. The last staff was offering close to 800 kids per class. It really doesn't matter who the kid is on every offer made, just which signatures are faxed in on signing day.

Don't understand your point. The last staff was offering close to 800 kids per class. It really doesn't matter who the kid is on every offer made, just which signatures are faxed in on signing day.

Agree with your point as both staffs offer a ton of dudes but last staff never offered anywhere close to 800 per class

“It was really out of the blue,” said Morgan, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 38 player from the state of Tennessee in the 2022 class. “They hadn’t showed much interest, but apparently they’ve talked to my head coach a little bit, and he had good things to say about me.

“I was really surprised. I thought they were just getting the basic information, is what it started at. When they offered me, I was very surprised and very excited. But very shocked, really.”

The 6-foot-6, 255-pound Morgan played offensive tackle for the first time during his junior season. He said he played tight end as a sophomore, and his lean build, length and athleticism — along with his upside as an offensive lineman — recently have caught the attention of coaches from a number of programs.

“They’ve all mentioned that, that I just haven’t had a bunch of experience and a bunch of coaching (on the offensive line), so they’re excited to be able to work with me and teach me more technique, and also get me in the weight room and get some more mass on me,” he said.

Morgan said he learned of the Tennessee offer from Alex Golesh, the Vols’ offensive coordinator and tight ends coach. Morgan said he also spoke with Heupel on Monday night.

“They like my length and my speed and really thought that I could handle adding weight and everything and would be a good fit for their program,” Morgan said.

“I talked with the head coach for a little bit. We mainly just got to know each other a little bit. He’s watched my film and was excited about it, wants to talk later this week and break it down a little bit more. But he was real excited.”
Morgan has at least a couple of connections to Tennessee’s program. He said he knows Vols offensive lineman Jackson Lampley, a former MBA standout, along with former Tennessee running back Ty Chandler, another MBA product who transferred to North Carolina in January.

“I know him a little bit,” Morgan said of Lampley. “Our dads are texting a bunch. I know his dad’s kind of helped me with the recruiting process a little bit, and I’ve talked to Jackson a couple times about it.”
-Callahan

Not a great offer list, but this is where the program is at now. The 38th player from the state. Not blaming CJH, it's a tough sell right now.

Least it is at a developmental position like OL. Kid has the athletic upside to fill out and be a contributor down the line.

Not to mention we likely won't be deploying many maulers up front. Wide splits and quick hitting plays.

We just had an OL with 4 5* linemen that couldn’t run the ball consistently. I’ll take a “system” lineman that can execute angles and technique and is coached well. True, most of these guys probably need redshirted.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I really like how he said CJH liked his film when he first saw it- and that he will call again to break down the film with him.

Seems like we have developers as coaches... a good sign?

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back