'22 TN OT Fisher Anderson (Stanford commit)

Very smart choice of going wrestling over BBall. Get his strength up and don't have to worry about losing weight then adding it back when season is over.

Reactions: SoilVol and you
Don’t know you tell me who Fischer is. I said Fisher which is the young mans 1st name.
good grief. what in the hell was that?

simply asked who a kid was?

next time ill post this recruiting question in the overly sensitive and defensive fan forum.

Edit, just saw the thread name. 🤦🏼‍♂️ my bad.

Good luck to Fischer.

good grief. what in the hell was that?

simply asked who a kid was?

next time ill post this recruiting question in the overly sensitive and defensive fan forum.

Sorry thought you were saying I spelled his name wrong. If you go to the 1st page it shows his 247 profile. He is a in state kid that has interest in UNC. His sister may go to grad school at UNC.

The former UCF coach, who took the Tennessee coaching job last Wednesday, has been hard at work calling in-state prospects since being named the head man. Heupel called several 2022 prospects on his first day and the 6-foot-7, 265-pound offensive tackle was one of them.

“I was kind of surprised, honestly,” Anderson told Volquest. “It was a late call and for only a few minutes, but it was his first day – so I know it was busy. I was surprised he still wanted to talk to me the first day on the job.

“It surprised me in a good way.”

As has been the formula with fellow in-state 2022 prospects, the Wednesday night conversation with the Franklin, Tenn. native was more of a meet-and-greet.

“We really didn’t go into anything super in-depth,” Anderson said. “He just seemed like he wanted to talk to me. He was a nice guy – very personable. Some coaches want to stick with football only during these calls, but we talked about other stuff too.”

“He made it seem like he really wants to start with in-state kids and work his way out,” Anderson said. “I don’t feel like I would have gotten the call that night if that wasn’t the case.”

That would be the logical path to take as Tennessee’s in-state 2022 talent is of plenty and has the potential to surpass the 2020 signing class that saw 10 Volunteer State natives come to Knoxville. In all, the state owns eight of the top-250 prospects in the county.

And with the offensive reputation Heupel brings to town, it has several skilled players buzzing inside the borders.

“I haven’t really studied or watched film of his offense yet, but I have studied his coaching staff at UCF,” Anderson said. “Usually when a head coach leaves, he brings a couple of assistants with him. But I have seen the graphic released about his offenses and how aggressive they are.

“That’s pretty unique – an offense like that with up-tempo and efficient play.”
-VQ

Anderson, whose mother is a Tennessee graduate and whose sister is currently a student there, said Heupel has made it clear to him that the Vols still want him. Heupel has made early contact with a number of Tennessee’s in-state targets, stressing to them that the Vols want the state’s best players to stay home and play at Tennessee, and Anderson said he has heard a similar message.

“He did talk about the focus on 2022 immediately,” Anderson said, recalling his conversation with Heupel on Jan. 27, just hours after Heupel was formally introduced as Pruitt’s replacement. “And then their whole staff, it seems like, has their focus on in-state (being a) priority. But they’re not limited to that, obviously.”

Tennessee has yet to announce any assistant coaches who will be part of Heupel’s staff. But Elarbee, who previously served as UCF’s offensive line coach under Heupel, is expected to serve in the same role on the Vols’ staff and is already recruiting for them.

“I did talk with Elarbee a little bit, and we talked a little bit about the play style and length and all that jazz,” Anderson said. “(He said) just that he really values intelligence because, as an offense that runs a hundred miles an hour, they need O-linemen that can focus as well as a smart quarterback. I thought that was pretty cool.”
He’s still trying to figure out which school might be the best fit for him. To determine whether he can see himself at Tennessee, he said he’ll probably need to visit the Vols again sometime after the ongoing dead period for recruiting, which will run through at least April 15 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I need to see a practice, go in-depth with what kind of people they are off the field, and the strength coach, the position coach — the people I’d be spending the most time with — and go into the academics and that side of stuff,” Anderson said.

For now, he’s still evaluating all of his options. He said he’s not sure when he might be ready to decide on a college, adding that he plans to announce his choice “whenever I feel that feeling,” and he’s “not opposed” to the idea of picking a school sometime before his senior season.

“But I have no idea of when (I will commit),” Anderson said.

-Callahan

>> Four-star Class of 2022 offensive tackle Fisher Anderson of Franklin (Tenn.) High School, who was part of the "Big Man Battle" for offensive and defensive linemen that was held in conjunction with Saturday's tournament, said he has continued to hear from Tennessee's new staff on a regular basis, and he likes what he has heard from Heupel and offensive line coach Glen Elarbee. He said Virginia, North Carolina, Penn State, Northwestern, Florida, Auburn and others also are staying in contact with him.

Anderson, whose sister is currently enrolled at Tennessee, said he's hoping to travel to Virginia and North Carolina in the not-too-distant future — perhaps even during the ongoing dead period — and he made it clear that he wants to take some visits before making a decision.
-Callahan

New Tennessee coach Josh Heupel reached out to Anderson for the first time more than a month ago, and Anderson has spent the past few weeks getting to know Heupel and the rest of the Vols’ new staff. Anderson said he’s hearing from them on a daily basis.

“We still talk a good bit over text and stuff,” he said. “I mean, they like to text daily and stuff. Some schools like to do Zooms, and some schools like to FaceTime every week. But they definitely like to text a lot.

“They seem like they want to take advantage of the opportunity that they have. We’ll see how it turns out, how they make the best of it.”

In addition to exchange text messages with Tennessee’s coaches, Anderson said he talks with the Vols on the phone or via Zoom conference “probably once a week,” led by Heupel and offensive line coach Glen Elarbee. Anderson said he has “also talked to some grad assistants and assistant coaches — all those guys.”
As for his interest in Tennessee, he said it’s still probably “status quo” compared to how he felt about the Vols a few months ago before former coach Jeremy Pruitt’s firing.

“I would probably say so, because nothing on the field or off the field — like, academically — has changed,” Anderson said. “No majors are different. No campus is different, and the season hasn’t started yet, so that’s not different either.”

Anderson’s mother went to school at Tennessee, and his sister is currently enrolled there.

He said he’s hoping to begin to narrow his list of favorites “ideally before the end of the school year, because he doesn’t want schools that he’s not strongly considering “to waste their time.”

But Anderson said his timeline for a commitment remains open-ended for now. The only thing he knows for sure is that he won’t be ready to decide on a school before this summer — and, if everything goes according to plan, not until he’s able to resume taking visits.

“As soon as I get to start seeing places in person, then I’ll be able to actually gauge (when I will commit),” he said. “But, as of now, definitely not this school year.”
-Callahan

Didn’t sound good. It may be a year or 2 before we start building those relationships like JP did. When I read these little tidbits from recruits all of them have the “meh” when talking about Tn right now. Also part of that I read him talking, sounded as if he is ungrateful to be talking to coaches from Tn , like regardless of how we been on the field , this is still a top academic opportunity and at least sound happy. May just be me but just didn’t sound like he’s into us much rn. I know I know new staff just got here but I didn’t realize how much these recruits loved JP .

Reactions: TrippieRedd

VN Store

Back