'20 TN OT Blake Carrienger

Lol woody is such a joke. 2 star is a placeholder not 3. He saw a chance to try to get in with a Nashville kid that he thought had a Bama offer. Now he is caught in his games of overrating midstate kids
But grace is in Knoxville

Didn't know Grace Christian was magically moved to Dyersburg. Don't we have a contact there that can confirm this Bama offer...anyone?

Guarantee it was one of the recruiting loons on this site. With that said, whoever did it gets a standing ovation from me. Well played!
GBO!!

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
So he does exist, claimed an offer he didnā€™t have, was given a baseline ranking until they had a chance to properly rank him.

While I do think thatā€™s bad business (to blindly rank), what am I missing as this doesnā€™t seem like much of anything?

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
So he does exist, claimed an offer he didnā€™t have, was given a baseline ranking until they had a chance to properly rank him.

While I do think thatā€™s bad business (to blindly rank), what am I missing as this doesnā€™t seem like much of anything?
The HS listing for him is 5'-9" 220 lbs. Their page had him a lot bigger. like 6-6 in the 300s. so they got that very wrong too, if it is supposed to be the same kid.

its one thing for them to believe a 6-6 300 lb guy got a bama offer at OL. its another to believe a 5-9 at 220 got the same offer.

Reactions: engineerVOL
The HS listing for him is 5'-9" 220 lbs. Their page had him a lot bigger. like 6-6 in the 300s. so they got that very wrong too, if it is supposed to be the same kid.

its one thing for them to believe a 6-6 300 lb guy got a bama offer at OL. its another to believe a 5-9 at 220 got the same offer.

So, what we're saying is that if Rivals had done the slightest bit of due diligence before blindly entering in their 3 Star ranking, they would have seen that there would have been nothing to this at all (no recruiting presence online, no presence at camps, etc...).

Total malfeasance by Rivals, but that's par for the course with them.

I coached him when he was younger. I know his family. He text me all the time. I have not seen him at the bball game, nor others.
ForkedDeer knows nothing, only I have inside info. I will update. šŸ™ šŸ™ šŸ™ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ˜„ šŸ˜„ šŸ˜„
You forgot that he likes squirrels, s a b is already penning him a letter, and money wire transfer is already on its way to pay for his services.

Man, this sucks... I really wanted this kid. Any chance he becomes a real recruit before the 2020 NSD?

This is precisely why star gazing and winning the "recruiting class ranking" isn't really such a big deal in my book. It really comes down to a coaching staff ability to evaluate talent. Perfect example is Barnes and our basketball team. I feel pretty confident that Pruitt and this staff know a player when they see one regardless of what star rating Rivals gives a kid. Personally, I prefer to look at the other teams after a kid instead of the star ratings. I know I'm preaching to the choir on this one and star gazers aren't going to change, but time will tell how good Pruitt and Co are at identifying talent.

That is if you believe Woody's story. I happen to disbelieve it.

Reactions: SugarCC
So, what we're saying is that if Rivals had done the slightest bit of due diligence before blindly entering in their 3 Star ranking, they would have seen that there would have been nothing to this at all (no recruiting presence online, no presence at camps, etc...).

Rivals is like all the other medial outlets and trying to be first. None of them confirm or QC anything anymore and this is a product of that.

Reactions: SugarCC
Rivals is like all the other medial outlets and trying to be first. None of them confirm or QC anything anymore and this is a product of that.

It's literally 'muh clicks' so they can bring in that advertising revenue, and of course that premium content you subscribe for.

I'm all about supporting quality journalism, but it definitely ain't clickbait. The type of long form writing you see in platforms like the Athletic is well worth supporting, and definitely better than the stuff you find across Rivals as a platform.

Reactions: drvenner

yeah. funny that they have a set of go to comments to explain stuff away, when not rating a guy high or low. but when its a base rating, its anything goes.

Or did someone else punk him by orchestrating all of this?
Someone used his name, made a fake Twitter account, fake dimensions (6ā€™6ā€ 315) and claimed a bunch of power 5 offers including Alabama. Without performing any due diligence, Rivals assigned this imaginary player a 3star rating. While the name may belong to an actual kid at Grace, the person being described on Twitter doesnā€™t exist.

Reactions: engineerVOL

VN Store

Back