'20 TN OLB Tamarion McDonald (UT SIGNEE)

So this may have been mentioned before (I've been on a bit of a hiatus) but were any of these guys a take because they all wanted to play together? Don't misunderstand I know they're all ranked pretty high but was there a particular one we wanted and had to take the others or were all of the Memphis trio takes?

So this may have been mentioned before (I've been on a bit of a hiatus) but were any of these guys a take because they all wanted to play together? Don't misunderstand I know they're all ranked pretty high but was there a particular one we wanted and had to take the others or were all of the Memphis trio takes?
I could be wrong, but I don't think Pruitt recruits that way. I'd like to think that he's evaluated all of them and sees a fit here.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Early on, Eason was the only take from this staff. Pruitt checked out McDonald a month or so ago and with some other players on the board committing or trending elsewhere, he greenlit the other two offers. I believe McDonald would’ve been a take all on his own. They love the trio but this isn’t a routine package deal imo.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Early on, Eason was the only take from this staff. Pruitt checked out McDonald a month or so ago and with some other players on the board committing or trending elsewhere, he greenlit the other two offers. I believe McDonald would’ve been a take all on his own. They love the trio but this isn’t a routine package deal imo.
Got it, thanks @butchna

I am not even close to a knowledgeable as others here,but, I think any of the three was wants. I think McDonald might be the surprise Star in this class. Hits hard, good hands, can cover a lot of ground. All 3 have speed and size.

Just heard an interview that theses guys did in Memphis. This guy was the first in the boat, French was after him then Eason. I just assumed the order was opposite.

In the end it doesn’t really matter. I just found that interesting.
heard on the radio or on a podcast that once they decide to jump on in, they agreed they'd go in numerical order, publically...eason wears 1, french, 2, and TM 3.....

so that's how that happened. funny side note, apparently French, i think it was French, put it out on twitter before he called Pruitt lol....

heard on the radio or on a podcast that once they decide to jump on in, they agreed they'd go in numerical order, publically...eason wears 1, french, 2, and TM 3.....

so that's how that happened. funny side note, apparently French, i think it was French, put it out on twitter before he called Pruitt lol....
Yup, T-mac called the shot though and committed to the staff first.

T-Mac wants to major in Physical therapy
French, Sociology
Eason, Business or traveling male nurse.

Those are the only things I gathered from the 20-25 minute radio interview.

French, Sociology

I'm an idiot. I read this first time as McDonald wants to major in Physical Therapy, French and Sociology.

French, Sociology

All seem to have their heads on straight. I hope they come here work hard and kill it.

I hope these guys get coached up .. don't see alot from video

I can see French putting some weight on and being a 5 tech. Eason is a player. He's obviously the big get of the 3. McDonald you can color me skeptical on. I'm not sure he has the speed to be a DB. Maybe he can play OLB on early downs.

VN Store

Back