'20 TN OLB Tamarion McDonald (UT SIGNEE)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
spymeezaearpumzwmimw

6’2” 215lbs
Memphis, TN
(Whitehaven)

Tamarion McDonald, Whitehaven, Outside Linebacker
Tamarion McDonald, 2020 Outside linebacker - Rivals.com
Whitehaven High School Boys Varsity Football on Hudl

No Vols offer currently.
Teammates of Eason and French.
Visited for a 7v7 tournament back in June.
Coaches are at his game today.
VQ guys mentioned him in the podcast that he really shows up on film - all over the field.
But mostly I just like creating prospect threads for whatever reason. Don’t @ me.

The kid is pretty good himself, a high 3 star that is already committed to a SEC team and he could help bring to really good LBs with him. Sounds good to me, especially with us needing more LBs in this class due to transfers.

Reactions: RollerVol
The kid is pretty good himself, a high 3 star that is already committed to a SEC team and he could help bring to really good LBs with him. Sounds good to me, especially with us needing more LBs in this class due to transfers.

one thing i miss about Chavis, other than lining up correctly was finding that two star walk on. if we cannot recruit players can we not just scout for warm bodies?

Kind of hard to believe, considering how big a need it is for us, that we don't have a single LB committed thus far this cycle. Although some think Darion Williamson develops into a OLB down the line.

247 lists Tamarion as an OLB, but their player summary suggests he might end up at safety in college. I'm curious what the staff has told him they like him at. Possibly an in the box type like Jaylen McCoullough? Play Keshawn at corner, and have Tamarion and Mordecai at safeties this cycle?

Or does he have the frame to add the preferred size to play outside in our system. If his 247 weight is accurate, he'd need to pack on another 20-30 pounds. Not unheard of, but Crouch and Harrison both arrived on campus at that size already last year.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Kind of hard to believe, considering how big a need it is for us, that we don't have a single LB committed thus far this cycle. Although some think Darion Williamson develops into a OLB down the line.

247 lists Tamarion as an OLB, but their player summary suggests he might end up at safety in college. I'm curious what the staff has told him they like him at. Possibly an in the box type like Jaylen McCoullough? Play Keshawn at corner, and have Tamarion and Mordecai at safeties this cycle?

Or does he have the frame to add the preferred size to play outside in our system. If his 247 weight is accurate, he'd need to pack on another 20-30 pounds. Not unheard of, but Crouch and Harrison both arrived on campus at that size already last year.
If we take all 3 then McDonald is probably a safety because between Eason, French and Whitehead (who is likely to stay on defense) would be 3 inside guys plus Ojulari is an OLB. And they’d probably like to add another edge guy. Williamson probably ends up a WR.

Just relistened to the VQ podcast from yesterday and Simonton specifically said we would not pursue this guy.

Like 5 hours after the podcast is published, we offer him.

😂

They’re so plugged in.

plugged in? have they been right this year?

BJ Ojulari is a linebacker

Reactions: yourstruly23
I watched Whitehaven vs. Cordova, and this guy along with about three more for Whitehaven is legit. This guy was all over the field making tackles, sacking the quarterback, and great coverage on his receivers. He tackles well in open space, he flies to the ball, and he will hit you.

Reactions: T Dog
I watched Whitehaven vs. Cordova, and this guy along with about three more for Whitehaven is legit. This guy was all over the field making tackles, sacking the quarterback, and great coverage on his receivers. He tackles well in open space, he flies to the ball, and he will hit you.
Go away

VN Store

Back