TN OLB Prince Kollie (Notre Dame transfer)

Then then slightly smaller schools were in one with North, Unicoi, East, Elizabethton Happy Valley, Johnson County and some others maybe? Then you get even smaller with Cloudland and Hampton and who even knows in that conference.
I graduated from cloudland. Hampton and Cloudland are in different classes now.

I graduated from cloudland. Hampton and Cloudland are in different classes now.
Here are the current Region 1 Football conferences:
6A. Dobyns Bennett,Farragut, Science Hill, Hardin Valley, Bearden, Jefferson Co, Morristown West

5A Crockett, Daniel Boone, Tennesse High, Morristown East, Volunteer, Cherokee, Cocke Co

4A Elizabethton, Greenville, Sullivan South, Union Co, Grainger, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central

3A Unicoi Co, Chuckey Doak, Johnson Co, west Greene, Claiborne Co, North Greene

2A Hampton, South Greene, Happy Valley, Sullivan North, Cosby

1A Cloudland, Unaka, Jellico, Hancock Co

Is it possible the string of big offers is gamesmanship?

UGA/LSU etc sees the run we’re on in recruiting, and the guys were in on.... offer this kid to kind of put pressure on us, the in state school, to lock him up?
I've considered this possibility, myself.

UGA/LSU etc sees the run we’re on in recruiting, and the guys were in on.... offer this kid to kind of put pressure on us, the in state school, to lock him up?

It's a possibility, but, regardless, it seems that this kid was one the staff wanted to see in camp before pushing for him. With the way recruiting has been going lately, I'm wondering if he's going to be left out because of a numbers crunch.

You should watch his film.... this kid is deserving of all the attention he is receiving

Reactions: CoachT423
I believe I would prefer Kollie to Colson. I think he's faster, reads the play better and is more physical, but the coaches evals are the important ones. He just looks more versatile and explosive to me.

Take Kollie and Colson...two different beasts.
i think if you didn't have Willis and Evans that makes sense.....but we have options at LB now.

that said, i think this kid is one of those that probably would have been noticed in camps....be it college run camps he chose to go to or 3rd party camps....i definitley think this is one pruitt and co. would have, maybe did, have penciled in to keep an eye on when he came to a TN camp.....

siap about the offer list...he's had a huge spring on that front.

as for the gamesmanship angle, that would make more sense had we not already gotten who we did at LB imo.

i think we probably do take 1 more, and i could see a scenario where it's colson or this guy. and i can't say i'd be upset...this kid certainly looks the part...lol.

i think if you didn't have Willis and Evans that makes sense.....but we have options at LB now.

that said, i think this kid is one of those that probably would have been noticed in camps....be it college run camps he chose to go to or 3rd party camps....i definitley think this is one pruitt and co. would have, maybe did, have penciled in to keep an eye on when he came to a TN camp.....

siap about the offer list...he's had a huge spring on that front.

as for the gamesmanship angle, that would make more sense had we not already gotten who we did at LB imo.

i think we probably do take 1 more, and i could see a scenario where it's colson or this guy. and i can't say i'd be upset...this kid certainly looks the part...lol.

Take Colson, move Willis to Safety (Use him like McCoulough)

That way you can have Mondon, Colson, Lewis and Brooks at LB. Key and Willis at the Safety Positions. Finally, you potentially have Terrion and Kamar holding down the Cornerback spots and Rucker at star.

Take Colson, move Willis to Safety (Use him like McCoulough)

That way you can have Mondon, Colson, Lewis and Brooks at LB. Key and Willis at the Safety Positions. Finally, you potentially have Terrion and Kamar holding down the Cornerback spots and Rucker at star.
you think Willis projects at Safety?? i don't know that i'd do that just to make room for both colson and collie....i thnk willis is a pretty good lb as is...lol. plus you got kamar and rucker in the boat, and you're shooting for Arnold in the secondary as well (corner for him, but the other two can probably play either).

willis as the nickel lb, i guess i could see....?

oh well. 1st world problems i guess.....lol.

Reactions: butchna
you think Willis projects at Safety?? i don't know that i'd do that just to make room for both colson and collie....i thnk willis is a pretty good lb as is...lol. plus you got kamar and rucker in the boat, and you're shooting for Arnold in the secondary as well (corner for him, but the other two can probably play either).

willis as the nickel lb, i guess i could see....?

oh well. 1st world problems i guess.....lol.
I've seem that idea floated around by a couple posters. He's not very big. 5-11/6-0 and 200-210 pounds. He hits like a hammer, but I'm not sure what his coverage skills are like. He looks good as an ILB, to me. But as a SS, maybe he is good enough in coverage to play there and still come down into the box and smash dudes.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
I've seem that idea floated around by a couple posters. He's not very big. 5-11/6-0 and 200-210 pounds. He hits like a hammer, but I'm not sure what his coverage skills are like. He looks good as an ILB, to me. But as a SS, maybe he is good enough in coverage to play there and still come down into the box and smash dudes.

I was just saying if we pulled both Mondon and Colson, then you could possibly move Willis to SS in certain scenarios or like you said depending on his coverage skills he could just play there to have your best on the field.

They ran the conference in basketball but for some reason it didn’t translate to football. For years they couldn’t beat DB.

Man when i was there back in early 2000 they used to mop our asses on the regular lol it was even close most times.We had sum killler fun at the rivalry games I will say that.

VN Store

Back