TN OLB Prince Kollie (Notre Dame transfer)

I've seem that idea floated around by a couple posters. He's not very big. 5-11/6-0 and 200-210 pounds. He hits like a hammer, but I'm not sure what his coverage skills are like. He looks good as an ILB, to me. But as a SS, maybe he is good enough in coverage to play there and still come down into the box and smash dudes.
see that's where i'm at...kid screams ILB to me. not sure about the safety deal?

i think, generally speaking anywa, i know it's gone the other way before, it's easier to take a borderline safety and move to LB than it is go LB to Safety. Thomas DAvis comes to mind. safety in college, all pro LB in the NFL.....had the frame to put on the good weight, and wasn't quite fast enough to stick at safety.

and i think the speed factor and body type are a relatively big factors in going from LB to Safety.....jmo....much easier to transition safety to LB imo.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Kollie would have to gain some significant weight to play ILB in the SEC. His "current" body screams safety to me. Can he play it? I dunno. He lines up at strong safety some in his highlights...but his highlights show run support and not coverage. Maybe that is a sign that he can't. I like his film better than Colson's film.

I've seem that idea floated around by a couple posters. He's not very big. 5-11/6-0 and 200-210 pounds. He hits like a hammer, but I'm not sure what his coverage skills are like. He looks good as an ILB, to me. But as a SS, maybe he is good enough in coverage to play there and still come down into the box and smash dudes.

Idk!..to me he’s kinda built like Nigel,moves like him too in a sense,hes a also a head hunter like Nigel.i like him better as a LB the safety position needs better speed and I like who have those spots as of now and waiting.

Kollie would have to gain some significant weight to play ILB in the SEC. His "current" body screams safety to me. Can he play it? I dunno. He lines up at strong safety some in his highlights...but his highlights show run support and not coverage. Maybe that is a sign that he can't. I like his film better than Colson's film.
Same

Owen Pappoe type. He seems to be doing well at linebacker.

Owen Pappoe type. He seems to be doing well at linebacker.
Speaking of him, don’t want to reopen old wounds, but saw an early mock that has him as the #9 pick in 2022 draft. There were a lot of familiar names in that first round.

Speaking of him, don’t want to reopen old wounds, but saw an early mock that has him as the #9 pick in 2022 draft. There were a lot of familiar names in that first round.
Weird he is over Toot. They have Christian Harris as well.

Idk about the 2 Bama LBs, but Toots had way more tackles than Pappoe and made all-SEC freshmen team.

PFF has him graded juust above Pappoe. Christian Harris is rated above both.
Not sure stay wise but the freshman LBs were the weakness in the Alabama defense Henry t was a strength in ours

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back