TN OLB Prince Kollie (Notre Dame transfer)

There's frustration that it seems like this staff doesn't keep things warm enough with prospects that are down their list when their top prospect goes somewhere else. I doubt Kollie would have come regardless, but it doesn't seem like he was ever seriously considered. That's a part of the frustration and I'm not one that thinks half of the class has to come from the instate.

There's frustration that it seems like this staff doesn't keep things warm enough with prospects that are down their list when their top prospect goes somewhere else. I doubt Kollie would have come regardless, but it doesn't seem like he was ever seriously considered. That's a part of the frustration and I'm not one that thinks half of the class has to come from the instate.

Pruitt is terrible at this. One of the worst there is. He typically offends them so bad they tell us to F off when we circle back. It’s been a major issue to his recruiting

Pruitt is terrible at this. One of the worst there is. He typically offends them so bad they tell us to F off when we circle back. It’s been a major issue to his recruiting

He's never adapted to not being at Bama or an FSU. Those programs, not him, are what got those kids to hang around and wait on those 11th hour offers. A coach that wants to win and be employed for long can't do that here.

Why can people not comprehend that at the time the kid committed we were a serious contender for the number 2 LB with the number 1 LB and another top 10 LB prospect committed?? And another 4 star ATH that’s projected to be a LB? And it was too little too late when s**t hit the fan?

You don’t take in state kids just to do it. You go after the very best no matter where they are from

And who did we end up with again?

He’s not an elite talent. Kids decent but is overrated and was pushed higher in the rankings because of a good senior season. Not even the best linebacker in Tennessee.

It’s inexcusable to have not landed Mondon. Not this one though

I'm from Washington County and I agree with this. Not elite and perhaps overrated against lesser competition.

Don't understand what I'm missing here. Was he a monster on the camp circuit? Sort of seems like the guy I've been talking up over the years hoping he'd be good when he gets here.

Granted, this is just JR year tape:

He’s not an elite talent. Kids decent but is overrated and was pushed higher in the rankings because of a good senior season. Not even the best linebacker in Tennessee.

It’s inexcusable to have not landed Mondon. Not this one though
oakland has the players

If he’s a take for ND he should be a take for us.

I don't believe that to be a good recruiting strategy, for the most part. There are many reasons why schools take kids. Staffs at UT have to determine if kids can play against SEC competition. Notre Dame will see what that is soon. You pay coaches to make their own determinations, and sometimes they do get it wrong.

Of the 43 NFL players from Notre Dame on rosters, only 17 are on defense and 6 are starters. In comparison, for as bad as UT has been the last 10 years, we have 16 in the NFL on defense, 5 are starters, and that doesn't even include Emmanuel Moseley, Malik Jackson, and Shy Tuttle, who all play alot. That's a comparison between a school that will be in the playoffs for the second time in 3 years and one whose best record is 9-4 in the last 15 years.

I'm from NE TN, Bristol area and seen Prince play a lot and he is the real deal. He will definitely have to get some weight on him to play at that level. He may even be sort of a project at the highest level such as ND or UT for the first couple of years. A lot of potential that UT should NOT have passed on at all. He is from the same school that Austin Lewis was from. Austin is in the portal now as a DE/DL. I believe UT actually offered him a day before signing day in 2018, too late. He had a great Freshman year earning Freshman All-American at Liberty as a SDE. But a new defensive staff at Liberty came in and moved him to interior from edge and he just wasn't as good. Never the less, point is UT passes on a lot of Tennessee talent for whatever reason. I really think they don't trust their own eyes and wait to see who else offers and then it's sometimes too late. They need to jump on in-state talent fast.

To be fair, it's not like Crockett is knocking heads with Maryville and Brentwood every weekend. They don't play anywhere near the top of the food chain. I hope he turns out great wherever he goes, but I can see how his level of competition allowed him to shine and at the same time cast some doubts on his true level of ability.

VN Store

Back