'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

Turrentine
Griffin
Pennington
And Merrill are the 4 I can see in. I don’t know about anyone else. I mean, obviously we will recruit our other targets, but those are the 4 I feel will be in this class.
Wolfe and Colson will be in this class no matter who we have to go against for them. Curry maybe, depends on basketball. (Changed my mind on Colson after hearing some things, looks like Moose will be on that one so go ahead and pencil him in)

Javon Nelson might be in this class but there’s other guys at that position they’d rather have before they look his direction.

Adonai is one to keep an eye on. Not sure how high he is on their board but he keeps getting offers left and right and just got his 4th star on 247

Last edited:
Im not so sure. This '21 and '22 class have possibly the most talent the state has ever had before. Especially at the wr and db positions.

We have heard things like this before. This class or that class may have the most talent the state has ever seen.

Wolfe and Colson will be in this class no matter who we have to go against for them. Curry maybe, depends on basketball. (Changed my mind on Colson after hearing some things, looks like Moose will be on that one so go ahead and pencil him in)

Javon Nelson might be in this class but there’s other guys at that position they’d rather have before they look his direction.

Adonai is one to keep an eye on. Not sure how high he is on their board but he keeps getting offers left and right and just got his 4th star on 247
You’re saying Wolfe will be a Vol?

In HS, we had this crappy green drink called, "Take 5"
The powder would settle down at the bottom. We would dip our entire arm to the bottom of the cooler to get some "grit"

Ahhhh, the memories.

2786a2070c3d8d11224be5c960170fa6.jpg

Reminds me of this little-known prospect from Kansas, Isaiah Simmons. I’m sure you’ve never heard of him before. I’m really good at this finding obscure players nobody’s ever heard of.

Reactions: NashVolDavis
“Today was great,” Colson said Sunday afternoon. “I got in the film room with the coaches and learned how they worked and where I would fit into their defensive scheme. It was really a great time.”
“Right off that bat, I told them I want to be a four-down linebacker and to be used in different spots,” Colson said. “They said that’s pretty much how they viewed me. So, they showed me some edge, outside and inside today.

“They said they loved how I played and for me to keep at it. I think I would be fine in the inside, too. I have a lot of experience there and feel more in control of the field because I can go side-to-side.”

Speed is Colson’s biggest strength as the Middle Tennessean has been clocked as fast as 4.49 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

“I use my speed a lot,” Colson said. “My forty time is not where I want it to be right now – but it’s a really good start.”
“Coach Ansley recruits my area but coach Pruitt and Niedermeyer are constantly texting me. I hear from all three often,” Colson said. “I love coach Pruitt as a coach. He’s been doing it a long time. He knows what he is doing, and you can tell it works.
“I’m about to start my official visit process here soon,” Colson said. “I want to get my decision out of the way this summer, so I plan to be back here for sure. Maybe for a spring practice or early summer.”
Colson hinted his commitment could come around his dad’s birthday on June 7.
-VQ

IMHO Javin Burke will be in this class and I feel it's 50/50 with Curry since the Auburn offer.

We're only taking one more receiver if our current commit remains in the class. So they'll be selective there. Will be interesting to see who they take.
Hard to see them only taking two WR's. Adonai Mitchell and Tray Curry they won't say no to. Curry is listed as an Ath by the way

I think we at least take 3 receivers and it will be interesting to see if we hang on to our current commit if Auburn or Bama start pushing for him.

Hard to see them only taking two WR's. Adonai Mitchell and Tray Curry they won't say no to. Curry is listed as an Ath by the way
If Troy Franklin or Isaiah Brevard say they want in, then they will say no to at least one of them

Reactions: LittleVol
They won’t have a problem saying no to Curry
I'm not so sure and that. They stop by the school almost monthly to see him and Martin is in constant contact with him. He is a bigger priority than you think.

I'm not so sure and that. They stop by the school almost monthly to see him and Martin is in constant contact with him. He is a bigger priority than you think.
You might be right I just think they are going to be very selective and they’re are some guys ahead of him on the board rn.

VN Store

Back