‘23 TN OLB Ethan Crisp

Doesn’t matter if we offer anyways…If he is a NPA kid, y’all will just push him elsewhere anyways.

I coach Ethan at Mt. Juliet and have become very close to he and his family. I just wanted to say that NPA will have absolutely zero input into where Ethan goes to school, and it’s like that for many other kids as well. NPA can be a great resource and at times, they have an influence into a kids decision. That will not be the case with Ethan.

I coach Ethan at Mt. Juliet and have become very close to he and his family. I just wanted to say that NPA will have absolutely zero input into where Ethan goes to school, and it’s like that for many other kids as well. NPA can be a great resource and at times, they have an influence into a kids decision. That will not be the case with Ethan.
Great to hear

Did he grow up a Vol fan?

fdd9dee980379e70-north-korea-clapping-on-make-a-gif.gif

Did he grow up a Vol fan?

Sort of, yes. His dad has been a Vols fan his entire life but Ethan more or less just likes football. He has been to games in Neyland and loved the experience but he has been to other places and loved it as well. He just likes football and they are going about the process with no pre-conceived notions about any program and giving everyone a fair shake and hearing everyone out equally.

Sort of, yes. His dad has been a Vols fan his entire life but Ethan more or less just likes football. He has been to games in Neyland and loved the experience but he has been to other places and loved it as well. He just likes football and they are going about the process with no pre-conceived notions about any program and giving everyone a fair shake and hearing everyone out equally.
Thanks for the info. I ask because most of the time lately when an instate kid grew up a Vol fan he usually goes elsewhere so I’m now expecting him to play for another SEC team. Good luck to the young man.

Thanks for the info. I ask because most of the time lately when an instate kid grew up a Vol fan he usually goes elsewhere so I’m now expecting him to play for another SEC team. Good luck to the young man.

May or may not be the case with him, too early to tell. I will say if they want to change that it would probably help to not be the 7th SEC school to offer and let every other SEC school start building relationships months earlier. Long way to go in his recruitment though. He has no idea where he’s going to play yet.

May or may not be the case with him, too early to tell. I will say if they want to change that it would probably help to not be the 7th SEC school to offer and let every other SEC school start building relationships months earlier. Long way to go in his recruitment though. He has no idea where he’s going to play yet.
I hear ya. But it doesn’t work that way in other states. LSU, Bama, UGA, etc can be the 7th SEC offer anytime they want and it’s not a problem. Only for TN kids for some reason. Likely because we’ve sucked for a long time. But still no instate loyalty with UT.

so the truth comes out!!!! SUCK IT DE1

Thanks coach!

A lot of good nuggets in this statement for us here on the recruiting forum lol.

Good luck to Ethan, wherever he ends up.

I hear ya. But it doesn’t work that way in other states. LSU, Bama, UGA, etc can be the 7th SEC offer anytime they want and it’s not a problem. Only for TN kids for some reason. Likely because we’ve sucked for a long time. But still no instate loyalty with UT.

Not "likely". It IS why.

Go look back at our In-State recruiting when we were still good.

Yeah LSU, Bama, and sometimes UGA have state dominance, because they are high-level winning programs .

Reactions: CoachFlatt
6-2 200 isnt anything exceptional. How is his speed?

He’s 6’3, 205. 4.51 Laser, 4.40-4.53 hand time. Ran 21.8 MPH in performance vest.

Regarding his size, he is more of a OLB/S hybrid than a true OLB. Most schools want him to play a hybrid position or what most coaches would call a modern Will linebacker, but some want him to play true LB or true S.

He’s 6’3, 205. 4.51 Laser, 4.40-4.53 hand time. Ran 21.8 MPH in performance vest.

Regarding his size, he is more of a OLB/S hybrid than a true OLB. Most schools want him to play a hybrid position or what most coaches would call a modern Will linebacker, but some want him to play true LB or true S.
lasers huh?
9FE2828A-F079-4FFA-BDB2-4076ED01759F.jpeg

Carlton? Nice to see you still in the coaching game at your age....

Reactions: StoVol
6-2 200 isnt anything exceptional. How is his speed?
He is a rising Junior. He is PLENTY fast. He already has good size and the frame to easily put on 20 more lbs.

But then again, I’m sure the other SEC schools and other P5 schools that offered, agree with you and think he isn’t exceptional too.

Reactions: walkenvol
He is a rising Junior. He is PLENTY fast. He already has good size and the frame to easily put on 20 more lbs.

But then again, I’m sure the other SEC schools and other P5 schools that offered, agree with you and think he isn’t exceptional too.

Wasn’t aware he’s a rising jr. my bad.

Coach you've just wasted your time because they'll still say it was NPA fault if he chooses elsewhere. I've said this repeatedly and they still say its NPA fault kids chose better situations.

National Playmakers Academy that is based on Nashville with branches in other states. Founded by former Vols who assist with player development. They tend to push players to college$ that $upport them. Up to you to judge if that is true.
Thanks.

VN Store

Back