'22 TN OLB Elijah Herring

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
“The visit was great,” Herring said. “I loved every single bit of it. Spending some time with coaches and the Athletics Director was fun.” It was the second visit to The Hill for the Murfreesboro, Tenn. native, as Herring was in town over the summer before fall camp. “I already had an offer from Tennessee coming into the visit, so really, they were just telling me about the degrees and school and stuff,” Herring said. “I also got to talk a little football. I learned some coverages and what they like to do on defense.” “I really like the coaches here,” Herring said. “I watched how they coached the guys against Georgia – kept coaching them up. I really like the way they go about things.”
The 2022 recruit spent the weekend prior to his Tennessee Junior Day visit in Tuscaloosa with the Crimson Tide. Herring, with six offers, plans to visit Kentucky and return to Tennessee in the spring. “When it comes down to it, I could probably strongly consider Tennessee,” the linebacker said. “I really like the environment here. The mountains are beautiful.” Herring didn’t grow up in Tennessee. It was Georgia in fact – but the defensive prospect has gotten a good feel of what the Tennessee fan base is all about and what UT coaches like about his play. “They like my explosiveness and how I shed blockers,” Herring said. “They like how I can get in the backfield and make plays. “Playing here could be a dream come true.”
-VQ

VN Store

Sponsors