'22 TN LB Elijah Herring (Tennessee signee)

Javin Burke was there too running the 100/200. He really impressed me. I'm not sure about his football ability, but he has speed. UVA got a kid that can run. I've been around the track scene for a while and Burke is easily one of the faster guys I've seen. His times aren't really reflective of his speed. He has some track technique issues Much faster than D.Yoing or Vic Wharton.

Reactions: you
Javin Burke was there too running the 100/200. He really impressed me. I'm not sure about his football ability, but he has speed. UVA got a kid that can run. I've been around the track scene for a while and Burke is easily one of the faster guys I've seen. His times aren't really reflective of his speed. He has some track technique issues Much faster than D.Yoing or Vic Wharton.

He ran 10.7 in the 100 meter
And
21.6 in the 200.

That is plenty fast!

Did you know that montario hardesty ran a 10.36 100m in high school?
He did, though I don't know if that was FAT or hand timed. Hand times really mean nothing. If that was FAT then I would be very impressed. We need a lot of fast guys. Tennessee has always been fast and I haven't really seen that in a long time. When we had Hunter, Patterson, and Rogers, we could outrun people and didn't have to be perfect to score.

Reactions: joshb
Do you get a sense TN is doing well on trail considering? Despite the nancies, seems like we're in on some big names
I think considering all that is going on, Tennessee has done fairly well on the trail. I think they built a lot of momentum in June with several guys. Not going to win them all regardless, but the investigation hanging around creates obvious concerns for recruits. I think its very early to cast a lot of judgement about this staff’s recruiting ability. They have been impressive during the month of June. Will continue to pay off.

AP raved about him on the pod. Said he and his brother are killing it. AP said his stock is up and that the staff is gonna reflect on this as one of our best moves to pursue him as early as we did.

A lot of schools supposedly went after him to get to his brother which would be a mistake because this dude is a DUDE all by himself. Thrilled to have him in the class. I’m a big fan.

A lot of schools supposedly went after him to get to his brother which would be a mistake because this dude is a DUDE all by himself. Thrilled to have him in the class. I’m a big fan.
Yep and they want to play together. But you gotta get the one that comes first and Heupel/BJM prioritized him and saw his potential. I feel like he has gotten faster from last year when I compare his highlights from both years

can't really speak for our analysts on that, so all I can give you is my opinion. But I think LB Elijah Herring is having a really good season, so it wouldn't shock me if some analysts end up seeing what I've seen and deciding to move him up a little bit. I think he's going to end up being one of the steals of Tennessee's class. He's always looked the part — good combination of size and athleticism — and he has really started to put it together this season.
callahn

“It had me ready to play. I was wanting to play, bad,” Herring told Volquest. “I was about to text coach Heupel at halftime to see if I could go in. It’s something I want to be a part of and I’m so glad I committed there.”

“Coach Heupel has done a great job with the offense and coach [Tim] Banks has done a great job with the defense,” the commit said. “They are setting their guys up for great things and setting this program up to be successful.”

“I think they kept fighting and they didn’t get down on themselves,” Herring remembered. “They played every play. They had some bad calls but kept fighting through it.
“Saturday lived up to expectations for me.”

“It was so great to see and talk to those guys,” the 2022 commit said. “They loved it too. We were talking about how we couldn’t wait to get here and play here. How we were going to help build here and turn this place around.

“Those fans are great. We were laughing a little because of what happened, but it was great watching them all night. It was a great atmosphere there.”
cain

VN Store

Back