'21 TN OL William Parker (Tennessee signee)

Pruitt also stopped at Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High School in Nashville, Tenn., where Tennessee already has extended offers to three players in the 2021 class, including offensive lineman William Griffin, one of the Vols’ early top in-state targets.

Pearl-Cohn also is the home of cornerback/athlete Kyndrich Breedlove, who picked up an offer from Tennessee in June after attending one of the Vols’ camps, and defensive end Alex Okelo, who received his first offer Thursday night from Tennessee and quickly added offers from Louisville and Florida State.

-Callahan

Idk about y’all but I’m a fan of 6’5 324lb interior guards that can move quick. That’s where we’d probably have this kid. No inside info on it but could see him and Breedlove pull the trigger this weekend

This is where Elijah Simmons played isn't it.
Anyone got any info on how big E is developing. I know he was the strongest as soon as he stepped on campus, but how is he doing as far as technique.

"It was a fun day as I already knew the campus from being up here when they were recruiting Elijah (Simmons), but it was just fun," Griffin said. "I know all the coaches and I'm on a first name basis with them so it was good spending time around them.Just seeing all my old faces again."

Griffin is one of the in-state talents that Tennessee really covets in the 2021 class. The chance to see those 'old faces' was a big reason why Griffin wanted to get back up before the February dead period begins.

"That was the main focus of today," Griffin said. "Just seeing, if I do some here, who is going to be there for me the next three or four years of my life. Just come up and hang out with everyone."

Griffin sees the program growth under Jeremy Pruitt and that's one of the biggest factors in his interest.

"Its on the up," Griffin said. "People always doubt and I like being the underdog. They have young coaches here and Pruitt is doing a good job of listening to his coaches and his players. Most coaches don't listen to his players, but he does."

Griffin really enjoys spending time with Will Friend as the two have light hearted personalities.

"That's my guy," Griffin said. "He's probably the funniest o-line coach that I've met. He's also strict as he keeps it real when it comes to football. He's flexible. If you don't think you can do something, he will show you another way so it doesn't discourage you. He's a good guy."

Among the other teams recruiting Griffin hard is Ohio State, Alabama, Louisville, Georgia and Oklahoma. He says Tennessee is one of his top schools and they are 'up there.' in his recruitment. He hopes to get back to Knoxville this spring.

"I don't have anything planned, but I'd like to get back up for a practice or their spring game," Griffin said.
-VQ

Big man moves well. I would love to get him in my house of pain training.

A massive 6-foot-5, 330-pound offensive tackle from Nashville’s Pearl-Cohn High, Griffin tends to pick up offers when offensive line coaches see him in person. He’s camped at Alabama and Ohio State. He visited home-state Tennessee for its Junior Day last month, and hopes to eventually make it to Oklahoma to see a school that intrigues him because of its offensive prowess.

But Griffin is an interesting recruit in the 2021 cycle because his offer list and his recruiting ranking don’t seem aligned. ESPN.com doesn’t even have a recruiting profile for him. Rivals.com has him as the No. 47-ranked offensive tackle nationally and the No. 9 player in Tennessee. 247Sports.com has him as the No. 54 tackle nationally and the No. 17 player in Tennessee.

“Here’s the thing about that,” Griffin said. “I don’t like the ranking systems and all that. It’s biased.”

Griffin hasn’t attended any Rivals camp, and he and Pearl-Cohn coach Tony Brunetti say his lower-than-you-might-expect rankings aren’t much more complicated than that.

“Some kids are the top in the state and don’t have an offer from that top school in the state,” Griffin said. “Now why is that? You haven’t been to their camp. … There might be a couple college scouts there, but I’d rather work with that o-line coach from the school that’s looking at me. I want you to see me with your own eyes. See how good I am, see how big I am, instead of hearing how I did against a kid who’s not that good. … That don’t do nothing for me.

“I didn’t have a Bama offer. That’s one of my dream schools. I said I wanted to go there, so that’s what we did. Nobody beat me. Nobody got past me. I talked to (Nick) Saban and I got the offer. But what if I’d gone to a Rivals camp instead of that? I never would’ve got the offer. End of the day, you look at a four-star, five-star kid and their offers — I’ve got them, too.”
-Athletic

Article goes into an interview where he says this is the first year not playing basketball and focusing solely on football and weight training. Says he’s played RT and LT but tells coaches he’ll play anything other than center.

Sounds very mature and humble.

-Athletic

Article goes into an interview where he says this is the first year not playing basketball and focusing solely on football and weight training. Says he’s played RT and LT but tells coaches he’ll play anything other than center.

That's good stuff right there

Reactions: EdEcEko77
-Athletic

When talking about the stars it sounds like they could be referring to someone who has been discussed on here over the last few daysm

-Athletic

fdd9dee980379e70-north-korea-clapping-on-make-a-gif.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Like everything about this kid except for the "Bama dream school" comment.

No worries he is not a Bama recruit. Also Bama is going to get those kind of comments as long as their playing for NCs and putting the masses in the pros like we used to do in the 90s. Has a world of upside just listens to his numskull HC too much who wants him to be a pkg deal with his son. He used to train with our Lineman Leverage with James Stone and Coach Grimes but Brunetti has interfered with this and he took a step back this yr. His OC is trying to get him back with Stone who he wears #64 in honor of.

The type of prospect that every coach in the world wants but the recruitniks don’t care about because stars. And maybe other teams will shy away after some bad film. I trust Chaney and Friend (especially with Fulmer looking over their shoulders) and believe they get this one for the good guys in the end. Wanna get replacements for Morris and Wright in this class.

No worries he is not a Bama recruit. Also Bama is going to get those kind of comments as long as their playing for NCs and putting the masses in the pros like we used to do in the 90s. Has a world of upside just listens to his numskull HC too much who wants him to be a pkg deal with his son. He used to train with our Lineman Leverage with James Stone and Coach Grimes but Brunetti has interfered with this and he took a step back this yr. His OC is trying to get him back with Stone who he wears #64 in honor of.

I definitely understand why any recruit would want a Bama offer.... ultimate validation.

Good stuff.... really appreciate the info you bring.

VN Store

Back