'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

I don't think we'd "process" this kid because we obviously need help on the interior of the line, but also because we're still trying to establish ourselves in Memphis and making a strong connection at his high school (Whitehaven) would be huge.

Reactions: KokoBVol
Also worth noting that UT has been going after Oklahoma commit Ndoma-Ogar as well. He's played football longer, is a legit really good guard, and he really seems to like the Vols. He could take McBride's spot if they don't feel like McBride's health will allow him to play effectively.

Thought maybe the Vols were pursuing Ndoma-Ogar as a 6th OL option, but maybe he'll replace/be the person who recruits over McBride. We'll see. I like McBride's upside, but he's definitely more of a project.

Also worth noting that UT has been going after Oklahoma commit Ndoma-Ogar as well. He's played football longer, is a legit really good guard, and he really seems to like the Vols. He could take McBride's spot if they don't feel like McBride's health will allow him to play effectively.

Thought maybe the Vols were pursuing Ndoma-Ogar as a 6th OL option, but maybe he'll replace/be the person who recruits over McBride. We'll see. I like McBride's upside, but he's definitely more of a project.
I doubt Ogar is coming here. He’ll stay with Ou imo barring Riley leaving

Not sure but there were rumblings before he committed about some issues. Must be serious if nobody will say what it is

Agreed..And after losing a spot in the '18 class because of Lawless we cant afford to risk a spot in this class on a guy with injury or medical issues. Already going to be a smaller class and can't take a chance on that this class. Especially on the OLine.

I actually would’ve thought that since Kingston Harris was doing well with his move to OL that maybe we could afford to drop a player on OL in this class, depending on who all wanted in.

But then the practice report on Tuesday said Harris was back at DL so idk.

Reactions: LittleVol
I actually would’ve thought that since Kingston Harris was doing well with his move to OL that maybe we could afford to drop a player on OL in this class, depending on who all wanted in.

But then the practice report on Tuesday said Harris was back at DL so idk.

Harris is serving as temporary depth so that Kurott Garland can redshirt. He'll be back at OL in the spring.

I know nothing about evaluating linemen. I thought O.C. Brown was the best G I’d ever seen. I stopped trying after that.

Harris is serving as temporary depth so that Kurott Garland can redshirt. He'll be back at OL in the spring.

Both of those will redshirt, I'm curious where Harris ends up when all is said and done. He outweighs Garland by a good 40 lbs., and this staff has shown they are willing to move guys around (even late in the season) to find a fit or fill a hole.

VN Store

Back