'21 TN OL Jmarion Jenkins-Gooch (Missouri commit)

From June and noteworthy. Gooch is a prime example of why I could never be a scout. I see him and he just looks like a big, lumbering monster who has always gotten by off size alone. But then you find out our staff, Auburn, and UGA were all pushing for him - it shows I don’t have a clue what I’m looking at. 😂

Last sentence is the best. Family in June, to flipped 2.5 months later. Recruiting is fluid, it seems.

Right now, Gooch isn’t trying to gain weight. He wants to lose it.

He’s down from a high of 358 pounds with a goal of getting to 330.

“I work out every day,” Gooch said. “And I watch my meals every day.”

To date, Gooch has visited the Tigers twice.

“I’m as solid as I can be (to Auburn),” he said.

According to Gooch, he is hearing a lot from one other program.

“It’s Georgia,” Gooch told Auburn Undercover. “I talk to them like once a week or twice a week. I’m pretty solid (to Auburn), but I’ll hear them out. They’re just saying how they want me and how much they want me to come visit.”

According to Gooch, the Bulldogs haven’t offered but are showing “strong interest.”

Of Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke, Gooch said, “He’s cool. He was the one who offered me at Ole Miss when he was (head) coach there”

Gooch said he would like to take multiple official visits, so he can experience other campuses.

For now, though, he seems locked in with Auburn. “They’re family,” he said.

Great article. So sad of him losing both parents and grandfather so young. Really gonna pull for this young man. His future is what he makes of it and it seems he has his mind where it needs to be. And the fact he just turned 17 in August tells me he will develop into Beast.

I will be pulling hard for this kid to make it big in football and in life. He's getting a solid foundation at TKA.

giphy.gif

Locking up the state in recruiting.

That's the goal. It's a long term commitment to the process. Many fans don't get that. Dools and Botch destroyed that foundation and it had to be rebuilt. With Phil and Jeremy that is happening as it should. Phil did it for a decade and then lost his way with too much time spent on other endeavors and being too loyal to less competent staff. He learned from his experiences. Jeremy has seen how it is really done up close as a key guy in an elite system or two.

Identify the potentially elite players well in advance. Develop strong relationships with HS coaching staffs who get to participate in meaningful coaching clinics and have access to the program. That helps to build trust with the players and their families as well. Continue the strong emphasis on the VFL program and making sure former players/families participate with the program in every way possible. Hire the best staff and assistant coaches you can find. Be honest with the players/families and don't just tell them what they want to hear.

The confirmation you have that the process is right is when the high level winning begins happening on a consistent basis.

My god, the idea that we could quite possibly land most/all of these guys is nuts:
Amarius Mims: 6’7.5, 315lbs
Rod Orr: 6’7 300lbs
Colby Smith: 6’7 300lbs
William Parker: 6’5 325lbs
Gooch: 6’7.5 360lbs
Just gigantic

Bring me all of the large, coachable young OL with good footwork. They can be developed.

My god, the idea that we could quite possibly land most/all of these guys is nuts:
Just gigantic
Looks like we are going to need to recruit 7 foot tall quarterbacks so he can see downfield.

Just gigantic
Add Wolfe and Bell with Campbell as the H back and you have the definitive JUMBO package.
Who's going to convert to center?

VN Store

Back