'21 TN OL Jmarion Jenkins-Gooch (Missouri commit)

Always glad when we get a commit, but I'm curious, do the talking heads think this effects us with Mims, Parker, or Orr? If the staff feels this kid can play, that's good enough for me. Armchair QBs don't get paid millions of dollars to evaluate and build a program like our coach does, so I'll trust CJP's decisions. Still hoping we get Mims.

Always glad when we get a commit, but I'm curious, do the talking heads think this effects us with Mims, Parker, or Orr? If the staff feels this kid can play, that's good enough for me. Armchair QBs don't get paid millions of dollars to evaluate and build a program like our coach does, so I'll trust CJP's decisions. Still hoping we get Mims.
Sounds like we’ve been going after Gooch for a while. We were probably disappointed that he committed to Auburn so quickly and just kept after him

Lol, obviously your not a Seinfeld fan. I'll stick by what I've said earlier. He is out of shape and slow; however, nothing a couple of years of maturity and s&c can't fix. I hope it works out for him and UT. He does have the one thing you can't improve.....height.
I certainly hope it works out for UT. 😉

Reactions: Buck Naked
Orr

I think Orr is our backup plan for Mims. I wonder if we plan to maybe kick Smith inside along with Parker. Gooch would be an ideal RT like someone in in here mentioned. We really need to back the truck up for Mims though.

Except he played both ways most of the night last Thursday as TKA only had about 40 players. On a night that was extremely muggy. GP had kids dropping left and right from cramps.

Can definitely stand a couple years in a college strength program but you can’t teach his size and quick feet. Certainly the ideal type of clay to mold.

MaxPreps has the team roster at 32 with about 9-10 total linemen. The team photo in The Mountain Press had it at about that number as well.

Staff knows this kid is a project with tremendous upside. He will probably RS and be ready to go after that.

Lol, obviously your not a Seinfeld fan. I'll stick by what I've said earlier. He is out of shape and slow; however, nothing a couple of years of maturity and s&c can't fix. I hope it works out for him and UT. He does have the one thing you can't improve.....height.

I liked just because of the Seinfeld reference. Lol

I get it Costanza, just thought it was ironic

Reactions: you and Buck Naked
Except he played both ways most of the night last Thursday as TKA only had about 40 players. On a night that was extremely muggy. GP had kids dropping left and right from cramps.

Can definitely stand a couple years in a college strength program but you can’t teach his size and quick feet. Certainly the ideal type of clay to mold.
this. he has more upside than any oline prospect in this class. he could potentially be better than mims by junior year. watch

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back