'20 TN OL Jake Wray

"It was a really fun visit I had," Wray said. "I felt comfortable here and the coaches showed me around I liked what I had to see today. It was really fun. "I was really comfortable today. Obviously they have new hires in coach (Larry) Scott and coach (Walt) Wells. I like those hires. It was a sense of we are starting a good relationship that we are going to develop and I believe that it will be."

"I talk to coach Wells," Wray said. "I came up to the Tennessee and Missouri game and that's when he really started talking to me. I got an offer shortly after that day and we have a good relationship and I like coach Wells."

"It would be really cool for us to play together in college and we are going to play together in high school next year," Wray said. "He said and I think it's fine, if where I want to go is not where he is going. It's what is best for me."

"It's really too early," Wray said. "I'm just enjoying the process and laying back. It's not that I have top teams. I'm willing to go wherever I need to go. If that is on the other side of the country or if that is right at home, I'll go there. I'm exploring my options."

"I really care about the coaching staff," Wray said. "If they are the right coaches for me. The right major if it has a really good business school. I want to major in business. And then atmosphere. If the players like playing for the coaches."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
lol

"I really care about the coaching staff," Wray said. "If they are the right coaches for me. The right major if it has a really good business school. I want to major in business. And then atmosphere. If the players like playing for the coaches."

man that just screams VOLS.

already admitted he likes Wells. we have a great business school, atmosphere can't be touched at Neyland. and generally our players seem to like our coaches.

De1 and NPA were huge detractors of Mahoney. He's commented in multiple threads that everyone is extremely pleased with not only the removal of Mahoney, but the hire of Wells also. It should have a big impact with NPA guys and midstate recruiting.

De1, what are your thoughts on the hire of Walt Wells? And with the Price comments on Max listening to UT, have you heard the same and do you think that we could get ourselves back in the game with Max?

They're ears and eyes are open. With the Mahoney debacle he was coach by title then Wells and Debo were really trying to fix the issues that were with the OL. I pick with Max all the time and he smiles and nods. Only time will tell fellas a lot is contingent upon the onfield product. Also note that Bryn Tucker and Mays have a lot of bearing on the Wray brothers as Tucker is an NPA guy and Mays bros are all over him which in return he pours it on the Wrays.

Reactions: 2 people
They're ears and eyes are open. With the Mahoney debacle he was coach by title then Wells and Debo were really trying to fix the issues that were with the OL. I pick with Max all the time and he smiles and nods. Only time will tell fellas a lot is contingent upon the onfield product. Also note that Bryn Tucker and Mays have a lot of bearing on the Wray brothers as Tucker is an NPA guy and Mays bros are all over him which in return he pours it on the Wrays.

Sounds good. Hopefully the Mays bros and Tucker can help sway him back as well. And sounds like Wells is going to be a good hire so far. As for Max I hope he makes the decision to be a Vol by next signing day, but congrats on him for getting a lot of big time offers. Something 99.99% of us on here never got so he should make the best of it. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
No wray at all for UT to get back in this conversation?

Here+ya+go+_9a2e4f6e45799415f50713579a6dda91.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't the family and older son not happy with us, or felt slow played?

VN Store

Back