'21 TN OL Eli Sutton

Not sure the ensworth an MBA guys are friends with BA guys. 🤷‍♂️

Gotta think having Tanner, Ryan Johnson and Lampley (Ensworth, BA and MBA alumnus) can’t hurt

If Brentwood is as loaded as the early 2021 rankings indicate, they should ask Derek Barnett to take a trip down there and lecture those guys on what UT did for him.

If Brentwood is as loaded as the early 2021 rankings indicate, they should ask Derek Barnett to take a trip down there and lecture those guys on what UT did for him.
and BA misses playoffs for 1st time since '97

Eli Sutton is a name to pay attention to this offseason. The Nashville, Tenn. native (6-foot-7, 280) is a four-star offensive tackle out of Brentwood Academy who has already garnered 24 offers. Sutton was also in attendance for Tennessee’s homecoming win over UAB in early November. “It would be really neat to play for my home state and in front of that crowd,” Sutton said. “Being close to my family is important to me.” “I talk with coach Pruitt and coach Friend usually.
“It’s pretty simple. Tennessee’s philosophy upfront is to be nasty. They are playing low and hard – just like I play. They are really mauling dudes up front right now.” The offensive lineman is big enough for high school football, but recognizes there is a long way to go in order to compete in the SEC. “I’m going to come in and work as hard as I can to play early on, but I’m small right now. You can’t play offensive line in that league weighing 280 pounds. I’ve got to get over 300. I’m not game ready right off the bat like Darnell Wright was.”
“I’ll most likely redshirt my first year and that’s okay. Like I said, I’m small right now, but I’ll develop into it and be ready to roll.” Nearly every SEC team is willing to take a chance on the work-in-progress type offensive lineman. “There are a couple of teams that are really hot on me right now. It’s still early on, so I’ll have some time.” Sutton intents on announcing his commitment prior to his senior campaign. The Tennessee native hopes to make it public late spring or early summer.
-VQ

Don’t like BA, but like him. Good kid and player.

He’ll be an early commit for next class and one of the guys helping peer recruit. Hudson Wolfe, Andre Turrentine, William Griffin and Walker Merrill will be in that group too
Heard anything on the Pennington kid out of ECS in Memphis or Briningstool?

He’ll be an early commit for next class and one of the guys helping peer recruit. Hudson Wolfe, Andre Turrentine, William Griffin and Walker Merrill will be in that group too

Really hope we can pull JR Colson. Guy is in the mold of the perfect modern day LB with coverage skills and physicality.

Reactions: volfaninpa

VN Store

Back