‘23 TN OL/DL Tyler 'Bubba' Jeffries

I guess we will see how committable the offers are when he commits to somebody. I trust this staff. They have given me no reason not to at this point. They are not perfect. No staff is. There will be some misses, but I think those will be few and far between.
My staff is perfect.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Let’s do a volnation protest and rejection of stars. From what y’all say we don’t need them. Stars are not necessary and deceive the average vol fan into false assessments of talent. Coaches don’t use services or stars so let’s email rivals and 247 en masse and tell them to quit their Tom foolery.

Or we can just leave them alone and take them for what they are.

Reactions: Orange. and butchna
My staff is perfect.
iu

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Let’s do a volnation protest and rejection of stars. From what y’all say we don’t need them. Stars are not necessary and deceive the average vol fan into false assessments of talent. Coaches don’t use services or stars so let’s email rivals and 247 en masse and tell them to quit their Tom foolery.
Drama queen much?

Yes. "Stars" often deceive fans into false assessments of talent. How long of a list would it take to demonstrate that to you? I'll give you a start from just the last few years.... Drae Bowles, Danny O'Brien, Jason Carr, Dillon Bates, Dwayne Hendrix, Darrell Scott, Daniel Helm, Dontavious Blair, Gavin Bryant, Chris Weatherd, Charles Mosley, Preston Williams, Jack Jones, Drew Richmond...

The list is LONG.

You lack a basic understanding of how the recruiting sites award "stars" and how inaccurate they really are when evaluating particular players. They intentionally limit the number of 4 and 5 star grades they hand out to cover up their inability to actually find and correctly rate the best players in the country.

They aren't completely useless. You can look at a team's "average" stars and get a relatively good idea of their overall talent. You can be fairly certain that the top 5 teams signed very good talent. After that... it is at best plus or minus 10. If a coach were good enough to find and sign them, there are twice as many players rated 3* or lower in any given class to compose the actual "#1 class". The recruiting sites are pretty accurate with the 5* they hand out but miss as many great talents as they find. Their accuracy with the NFL draft as a measure goes down significantly on 4* players. Since 3* is more or less the default for most players that sign with a P5 team... you can't truly say they "evaluate" them.

What it really comes down to as proven by Swinney is the coach's ability to recognize talent and potential. More than being "expert evaluators", the recruiting sites go to camps then take note of who successful recruiters are hard after. That's not dumb. It is actually clever. But your notion that they're a bunch of recruiting gurus better at recognizing talent than coaches or the professional recruiting services that programs employ to evaluate talent... is bunk. Their "rankings" are hodge podge of marketed players like Brice Brown, camp performers, and then "stealing" the work of great recruiting teams.

Last edited:
Drama queen much?

Yes. "Stars" often deceive fans into false assessments of talent. How long of a list would it take to demonstrate that to you? I'll give you a start from just the last few years.... Drae Bowles, Danny O'Brien, Jason Carr, Dillon Bates, Dwayne Hendrix, Darrell Scott, Daniel Helm, Dontavious Blair, Gavin Bryant, Chris Weatherd, Charles Mosley, Preston Williams, Jack Jones, Drew Richmond...

The list is LONG.

You lack a basic understanding of how the recruiting sites award "stars" and how inaccurate they really are when evaluating particular players. They intentionally limit the number of 4 and 5 star grades they hand out to cover up their inability to actually find and correctly rate the best players in the country.

They aren't completely useless. You can look at a team's "average" stars and get a relatively good idea of their overall talent. You can be fairly certain that the top 5 teams signed very good talent. After that... it is at best plus or minus 10. If a coach were good enough to find and sign them, there are twice as many players rated 3* or lower in any given class to compose the actual "#1 class". The recruiting sites are pretty accurate with the 5* they hand out but miss as many great talents as they find. Their accuracy with the NFL draft as a measure goes down significantly on 4* players. Since 3* is more or less the default for most players that sign with a P5 team... you can't truly say they "evaluate" them.

What it really comes down to as proven by Swinney is the coach's ability to recognize talent and potential. More than being "expert evaluators", the recruiting sites go to camps then take note of who successful recruiters are hard after. That's not dumb. It is actually clever. But your notion that they're a bunch of recruiting gurus better at recognizing talent than coaches or the professional recruiting services that programs employ to evaluate talent... is bunk. Their "rankings" are hodge podge of marketed players like Brice Brown, camp performers, and then "stealing" the work of great recruiting teams.
👊 🎤

VN Store

Back