'20 TN OL/DL Bryn Tucker

Like I said, fallback option. Not a take right now.

We wanted Wanya & Wright last class. We got em.

Swing for the fences until it’s time to put the ball in play.
Amen! This loser mentality of snapping up guys who won’t say no got us here in the first place.

This staff has done pretty damn well so far in recruiting, so why are you “surprised”?

It’s freaking March, and some of you are acting like it’s mid-December. Get a grip.

Pretty well, but it’s worth noting when the defending national champs pull a guy from your own back yard. Either way, I meant it as optimistic for what our OL haul could look like this cycle. I’m not super impressed by Tucker’s film. If he’d have gone to Vandy, probably wouldn’t have given it another thought. But if Tucker to Clemson doesn’t at least cause you to raise an eyebrow, you’re getting too big a head over one solid recruiting class.

Reactions: tatervol
Pretty well, but it’s worth noting when the defending national champs pull a guy from your own back yard. Either way, I meant it as optimistic for what our OL haul could look like this cycle. I’m not super impressed by Tucker’s film. If he’d have gone to Vandy, probably wouldn’t have given it another thought. But if Tucker to Clemson doesn’t at least cause you to raise an eyebrow, you’re getting too big a head over one solid recruiting class.
2013 was the last year clemson had an ol drafted... They aren't some special destination for nfl caliber lineman.

Did I miss something. Did he commit to Clemson.
No. There's some people in here that find anything to b1tch about. If people are going to b1tch, make it worth it. It has been noted that the staff isnt sold on him & he's struggled mightly at a camp (now 3* on 247). Now you have the national champs (whom can't produce nfl prospects at that position) going all out to get him. I feel there are far better ol prospects that we are in on (in and out of state).

If he was from another state, those whinny babies wouldn't care. They would just find something else to b1tch about.

Pulled from our backyard?? Lol he hasn’t visited in months. Staff hasn’t pursued hard. He’s going elsewhere due to that. Now stfu

2013 was the last year clemson had an ol drafted... They aren't some special destination for nfl caliber lineman.

It was 2014. Same year as Juwuan James and Zach Fulton, the last Vol OLs taken. And Clemson has been able to hold off Bama DLs well enough to beat Bama for the natty twice. When’s the last time we beat them? I’m just saying, if he commits to Clemson it’s noteworthy.

But if Tucker to Clemson doesn’t at least cause you to raise an eyebrow, you’re getting too big a head over one solid recruiting class.

No, I’m deferring to a coaching staff that’s paid big $ to make these types of evaluations. Do you really think that the staff is intentionally passing on a local prospect at a need position unless they have good reason?

Pulled from our backyard?? Lol he hasn’t visited in months. Staff hasn’t pursued hard. He’s going elsewhere due to that. Now stfu

Wasn’t long ago you were in here blindly following Butch Gucci. Be a sheep, that’s fine with me. I’m gonna ask questions about staff decisions until we actually resemble a football team.

No, I’m deferring to a coaching staff that’s paid big $ to make these types of evaluations. Do you really think that the staff is intentionally passing on a local prospect at a need position unless they have good reason?

Every coaching staff is paid big $ to make these decisions. And u never question anything? That makes no sense.

It was 2014. Same year as Juwuan James and Zach Fulton, the last Vol OLs taken. And Clemson has been able to hold off Bama DLs well enough to beat Bama for the natty twice. When’s the last time we beat them? I’m just saying, if he commits to Clemson it’s noteworthy.
Aub, uga, and lsu olines have been able to hold off bama's dl as well, BUT they have had nfl prospects on their ol. Clemson doesn't. Im not worried who they recruit on the oline. They can go after tucker. UT doesnt want him and deservely so.

Aub, uga, and lsu olines have been able to hold off bama's dl as well, BUT they have had nfl prospects on their ol. Clemson doesn't. Im not worried who they recruit on the oline. They can go after tucker. UT doesnt want him and deservely so.

That’s fine. I’m not ready to put the Pruitt regime’s evaluations above the defending champs’ just yet, so this recruitment, or lack thereof, is interesting to me. I already trust his eye for talented DBs, but I’m reserving judgement on his OL evaluation until some of his recruits make an impact. And I expect they will.

Reactions: tatervol
But if Tucker to Clemson doesn’t at least cause you to raise an eyebrow, you’re getting too big a head over one solid recruiting class.

So Georgia Tech should recruit every 4/5* pro style QB in Atlanta area that UT, Texas, Clemson, or UGA recruits ........even though he doesnt run the option?
If he doesn’t fit the system, why make him a top priority

That’s fine. I’m not ready to put the Pruitt regime’s evaluations above the defending champs’ just yet, so this recruitment, or lack thereof, is interesting to me. I already trust his eye for talented DBs, but I’m reserving judgement on his OL evaluation until some of his recruits make an impact. And I expect they will.
He just signed the #1 OL class in the nation in his first full year. They passed on Tucker. Get over it.

You keep talking that it's noteworthy that Clemson wants him, because they are the national champions...yet, isn't Jeremy Pruitt a 5-time national champion (at 2 different schools), a recruiter of the year, with 2 other recruiters of the year on staff? Have you forgotten this bit of info; or, are you just choosing to ignore it because it's gets in the way of your early-onset butthurt?

From USA Football on Clemson.
“offensive line will block inside zone with the backside of the offensive line “locked,” meaning they will base block on the backside defensive lineman and leave the backside linebacker alone.”

Not what UT wants to do:
From 247 Sports on UT

“Tennessee ran a spread offense under its previous staff. The current staff wants to be more of a traditional pro-style scheme. Obviously the players the Vols have this season were recruited to play a different system, and the offensive line is not unlike the other positions having to fit square pegs into round holes.”

Tucker is a very good player, but would be another “square peg in a round hole”

VN Store

Back