'21 TN OL Dietrick Pennington (Clemson commit)

Not freaking out, but he was the top Guard we supposedly had a shot of getting who just happened to be an instate kid as well. If we miss on Mims as well, who is already a longshot, that leaves us with Pounds and Parker as the current targets left on the board(or at least who have been discussed). I trust staff evaluations myself, but let's be honest, stars are sexy and boost our recruiting rankings. Maybe the staff is happy with an OL haul of Smith, Parker, and Pounds? And if they are, I'm cool with that. But some people will look and see all are currently 3*s, which just isn't as sexy or ranking boosting. And hey, maybe we're in on other guys we haven't heard of yet? Who knows? But it's understandable people are disappointed that a high rated instate guard has no interest in UT.
Be disappointed. I'm not.

Not freaking out, but he was the top Guard we supposedly had a shot of getting who just happened to be an instate kid as well. If we miss on Mims as well, who is already a longshot, that leaves us with Pounds and Parker as the current targets left on the board(or at least who have been discussed). I trust staff evaluations myself, but let's be honest, stars are sexy and boost our recruiting rankings. Maybe the staff is happy with an OL haul of Smith, Parker, and Pounds? And if they are, I'm cool with that. But some people will look and see all are currently 3*s, which just isn't as sexy or ranking boosting. And hey, maybe we're in on other guys we haven't heard of yet? Who knows? But it's understandable people are disappointed that a high rated instate guard has no interest in UT.

Like I said, that’s his loss.

Only a handful of kids we already have committed notices Pruitt is building something special and they’re not even from Tennessee.

Whatever his reason is for not having us in his Top Five, I’m sure it’s a dumb one.

Only a handful of kids we already have committed notices Pruitt is building something special and they’re not even from Tennessee.

Whatever his reason is for not having us in his Top Five, I’m sure it’s a dumb one.

Maybe he respects Pruitt and staff enough to let us know not to waste their time. Helps us to know to focus time and energy elsewhere.

Or he has noticed we’ve been down going on 13 years now and isn’t as enamored with us. He is going to go to an elite program no matter what. It’s not his loss. And I’m sure his reasoning isn’t dumb. It’s probably pretty logical. Sometimes the university we love isn’t for everyone. That only one with dumb reasoning seems to be you.

Or he has noticed we’ve been down going on 13 years now and isn’t as enamored with us. He is going to go to an elite program no matter what. It’s not his loss. And I’m sure his reasoning isn’t dumb. It’s probably pretty logical. Sometimes the university we love isn’t for everyone. That only one with dumb reasoning seems to be you.
So he wants a program that is already built instead of building one or returning one to its elite status? That's fine. I have no problem with kids that want to go out of state because that's the majority of players we get.

Tennessee is an elite program who’s continuously had bad leadership.

You are right, Tennessee isn’t for everyone but no doubt the kids who truly want to be here trusts what Pruitt is building.

He would have been a good player here.

Reactions: preacherwebb
We've got 4 5* OLs starting in 2020.
Only 2 coming back (the other 2 are 1st rounders).
We'll also have an awesome set of skill players.
Great opportunity for Mr. Pennington to get early PT if he's up to it.

Tennessee will not always get every instate player in every major sport but if the staffs can lock down the state for the most part, that is a good thing.

VN Store

Back