'21 TN OL Dietrick Pennington (Clemson commit)

With 10 in the last 2 classes I think 3 this year and keep a spot for the best player available after that, if it's a highly regarded OL by the staff then four. I just want us to continue getting upgrades at as many spots as possible while we are this roll.
Pruitt and Friend were talking about the need for 19 or so OL. We only have 14 right now, so I would be shocked if we have less than 4. We will probably have 4 leave this year (Kennedy, Smith, Mays, and Johnson). If we keep getting 4 OL and transfers for the next 2 or 3 classes that will work itself out with the new RS rule.

Pruitt and Friend were talking about the need for 19 or so OL. We only have 14 right now, so I would be shocked if we have less than 4. We will probably have 4 leave this year (Kennedy, Smith, Mays, and Johnson). If we keep getting 4 OL and transfers for the next 2 or 3 classes that will work itself out with the new RS rule.

I still think it’ll come down to best available to some extent though. If there’s one spot left, I think we take a 3rd TE the staff thinks is a difference maker over a 4th OL that may be a bit of a reach.

I still think it’ll come down to best available to some extent though. If there’s one spot left, I think we take a 3rd TE the staff thinks is a difference maker over a 4th OL that may be a bit of a reach.
You might be right, but I kind of think it'll be best available for a 5th OL spot as opposed to a 3rd, 4th. We likely have 3 or 4 leaving the year after including the LT and RT.

You might be right, but I kind of think it'll be best available for a 5th OL spot as opposed to a 3rd, 4th. We likely have 3 or 4 leaving the year after including the LT and RT.

We are still a bit short on OL no doubt, but I feel better about the quality of depth there than just about any other spot on O. Pope is likely the #1 TE this coming year. Who is #2? I’m not sure we have an upperclassmen contributor at WR or TE outside of Palmer and Pope.

Reactions: Frankwillie87
Pennington has only visited UT and Clemson. Good kid. Isn’t going to make a decision anytime soon. Wants to take more visits to other schools. Staff loves him though. Staff wants him and Carvin working out together right now, but they haven’t met up yet. If they do I’ll let y’all know

I’ve been in contact with Tennessee a lot, (and) Georgia. I talk to Auburn a lot, too. Those are the ones that have reached out most over the break.”

Tennessee, Georgia, Clemson, Ole Miss and Arkansas are among the schools Pennington has visited to this point. He’s still hoping to explore some of his other options in the coming months, and that’s why he currently doesn’t expect to join the growing list of prospects who already have made commitments or plan to decide on colleges by this summer.

“I’m still a little way away from a decision. I’m keeping it for after the season,” he said.

“I don’t know for sure (where I will visit). But it’s most likely going to be some places that I haven’t been. … It’s a big priority, because I feel like I already missed so much. I don’t have a lot of time to actually get back out and just go to schools that I may be interested in.”

With a decision not likely to come any time soon, he said “nobody’s really standing out right now” among the schools he’s considering.

-Callahan

VN Store

Back