'21 TN OL Dietrick Pennington (Clemson commit)

Tennessee was one of the first schools to extend an offer to the Memphis native last season. Pennington is capable of playing offensive or defensive tackle, with the Vols keeping an open mind about a future position (although OT is the likeliest outcome). Pennington did not visit UT this fall but he plans on returning to town in the coming months.
-VQ

This kid, Colson, and Turrentine are the 3 biggest wants (for me anyways) in state.

I totally agree with the first two kids. But Turrentine is a very good high school football player. But he’s not very big or athletic. I would make a strong guess that he runs in high 4.6 to low 4.7 in the 40. The big lineman Williams from Pearl would be in my top 3.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Ansley checked on one of Tennessee’s top in-state targets, three-star Class of 2021 lineman Dietrick Pennington of Evangelical Christian School in Cordova, Tenn., and also went to Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, the home of Class of 2022 athlete Dallan Hayden, the son of former Vols running back Aaron Hayden.

- Callahan

I know Colson is rated really high, but he did not stand out to me at all in the two games I watched. I guess in the Maryville game he was constantly getting his DL shoved back into his face - would be hard for anyone to make plays.

Are we after this kid as a defensive lineman? Price on the podcast today suggested Pennington should be one of the first guys Bumbraugh contacts.

Reactions: T Dog
Griffin from Pearl Cohn is better. I watched them both this. But this kid is really good.

VN Store

Back