'20 TN OL Derrell Bailey Jr VT Transfer

He could possibly get drafted. Just doesn’t look like a definite to me nor a high round pick. He will make more imo if he stays another year in the system. He’s been good at Tennessee but honestly never seen a system that has receivers consistently wide open as this one, and all three wrs were unknowns relatively until Heupel got here.
I think I saw that Kiper had him top 8 on a list not sure if that was JRs or overall...possible scouts could say well its the system because Heupel's offense does that everywhere and would want to see another year of him before risking high draft pick

Reactions: Sos
Hooker will NOT get drafted as he STRONGLY NEEDS to work on his Pocket Presence and learn to read defenses......Worst move he could make is trying to go pro right now........
Uhhh, this is a terrible take. He would absolutely get drafted this year. GTFOH. If Hendon decides to come back, we should be thrilled because he has the talent and had a great season to get drafted

I think I saw that Kiper had him top 8 on a list not sure if that was JRs or overall...possible scouts could say well its the system because Heupel's offense does that everywhere and would want to see another year of him before risking high draft pick
Kiper isn’t the most accurate. Hooker has been great for us but he has some bad tape from his days at Va Tech. Again he could very well go this year and do fine. If I knew he would get drafted early I would be happy for him to go, I just don’t see it.

Reactions: barrylee and VolnJC
Uhhh, this is a terrible take. He would absolutely get drafted this year. GTFOH. If Hendon decides to come back, we should be thrilled because he has the talent and had a great season to get drafted
I mean he’s a late round pick or undrafted at this point imo. I’m think fifth round or later.

Reactions: All_Vol87
I will also add that if he has only played in two games to this point, we probably need to look elsewhere. I think we can do better in the portal. No offense to anyone in Greenback, but we need to get guys who are ready to help us now from the portal.

Reactions: VolnJC and StoVol
I will also add that if he has only played in two games to this point, we probably need to look elsewhere. I think we can do better in the portal. No offense to anyone in Greenback, but we need to get guys who are ready to help us now from the portal.
We definitely need a tackle (maybe 2) and a guard that can contribute immediately. Davis keeps improving but there is still a big drop when Cade is out. I am not sure who we have after Davis. And, I don’t recall anyone other than Wright getting reps at left tackle.

Reactions: drvenner
We definitely need a tackle (maybe 2) and a guard that can contribute immediately. Davis keeps improving but there is still a big drop when Cade is out. I am not sure who we have after Davis. And, I don’t recall anyone other than Wright getting reps at left tackle.
This off season workouts will help a lot of out Oline and Dline returners. I expect to see improvement across the board.

Reactions: VolnJC
Young man wasn’t good enough to play at a mediocre VT in a much weaker conference. He’s not the kind of player we need to be looking at in the portal if we want to take the next step.

Reactions: HawkVol2213
I tend to agree...but we do have extra spots due to the rule change...and good tackles are rare..reason they are coveted by the NFL...he's got the frame...he's a TN kid...if there was a project I would gamble on it would be him.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hooker transfered after getting beat out. You missed the POINT where change of environment and better develop sometimes makes a world of difference. Hooker the same QB that he was at VT?

I stand by my original point and don’t care to argue. We’ll agree to disagree. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

VN Store

Back