'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

So Ole Miss should have told Eli to git?
Peyton wasn't committed to OM for a couple years before decommitting late and going to a rival. But I agree with your point.

I'm good either way with this recruitment. If Pruitt and Friend want to spend the time and resources going after Cooper, great, I hope he's a Vol. If they ignored him altogether, I'd see the reasoning and be fine with that too.

He's a good OL but not a can't miss prospect. I just hope that if he does decide to be a Vol and commits that he stays committed and signs with UT and doesn't flip at the end like his big brother did.

Peyton wasn't committed to OM for a couple years before decommitting late and going to a rival. But I agree with your point.

I'm good either way with this recruitment. If Pruitt and Friend want to spend the time and resources going after Cooper, great, I hope he's a Vol. If they ignored him altogether, I'd see the reasoning and be fine with that too.

He's a good OL but not a can't miss prospect. I just hope that if he does decide to be a Vol and commits that he stays committed and signs with UT and doesn't flip at the end like his big brother did.
You have to admit that when he decommitted, the program was a dumpster fire. From the top down. The coaching search, the AD being fired, the power struggle behind the scenes. It was a horrible look. If what was said was true, and he was close with the son of UT's former coach, I can understand his loyalty too. His actions may have been more directed at the fans more so than the school in a sense. The mind of a teenager can never be understood.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbr82
You have to admit that when e decommitted, the program was a dumpster fire. From the top down. The coaching search, the AD being fired, the power struggle behind the scenes. It was a horrible look. If what was said was true, and he was close with the son of UT's former coach, I can understand his loyalty too. His actions may have been more directed at the fans more so than the school in a sense. The mind of a teenager can never be understood.
Agree with this as well. This recruitment is example #14293 of how recruiting is fluid and not black/white.

I get why Cade went to Georgia. Do not like that he would not let CPF and CJP even in for a visit. That irks me more than his song. The thing that really irks me about the song was a guy who we gave a scholarship too singing it with him. As Butch would say when playing Georgia, that's BS, that's BS right there. Cooper is a different person and player. Hope he makes a good choice for himself.

Why are we still talking about Cade Mays? Who cares? He didn't come here. We should hope his brother does. It's embarrassing that a year later people still can't let it go.
Glad you took a break from whining about no commits over the weekend to set everyone straight in the Cooper thread. :)

Why are we still talking about Cade Mays? Who cares? He didn't come here. We should hope his brother does. It's embarrassing that a year later people still can't let it go.
There will bree people talking about it as long as Cade plays football somewhere. The fact is that the video is not clear as to what he is even saying. People are batshit crazy.

my inside sources say he is a Vol, or, he isnt.

life goes on.
Let me check my sources... okay, they say Cooper likes the Vols, but he might like GA to, depends on whoever, you know, wink wink, bids the most! Oh, and he’s definitely committing soon! Or... it might be August. My sources are always right tho!

VN Store

Back