'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

I know it’s ridiculous to hold his brothers actions over his head but I don’t care. I hope he doesn’t come here. His brother is a world class piece of trash. At some point you have to consider the upbringing. For cade to decommitt and end up at a rival, then totally trash us in multiple videos saying f ut...I’m mean, I dont know how he could possibly be a more classless piece of $hit. This is a proud university his father once played for. The fact that he would piss on us at our absolute worst moment is just pathetic. His brother can go somewhere else. Anywhere else.

This is petty, and so, so stupid.

I know it’s ridiculous to hold his brothers actions over his head but I don’t care. I hope he doesn’t come here. His brother is a world class piece of trash. At some point you have to consider the upbringing. For cade to decommitt and end up at a rival, then totally trash us in multiple videos saying f ut...I’m mean, I dont know how he could possibly be a more classless piece of $hit. This is a proud university his father once played for. The fact that he would piss on us at our absolute worst moment is just pathetic. His brother can go somewhere else. Anywhere else.

I could argue that the classless piece of $hit is the guy who casts disparaging remarks on a kids entire family because you’re too ignorant to get over some mean words a 17 year old said about your favorite football team. Try growing up.

3C3B7798-0911-4220-B338-C0DEC6A42207.gif

His family are apart of our small community, I don’t know them personally, but I do know they don’t flash or act like they are any better than any of us, that being said, your comments are offensive in a way that shows you are going off some emotions that shows more on you than this kid.

What an absolutely pitiful post. And embarrassing for yourself and everyone else on this board for associating us with such trash.

Maybe you need to log off for a bit and reevaluate your life. Honestly.

IMG_0575.PNG

229elp.jpg

Thats+heresy+even+by+chaos+standards+_1e74c192f2402397cfad28cc663540db.jpg

Lol. I don’t come on here much but the butt hurt from my comment is amazing. Everyone seems so concerned about us landing a lowly rated prospect who’s family absolutely freaking trashed my beloved university at our lowest possible moment. Geeze. There’s lots (or higher rated prospects) who’s family never tried to take shots at us. Ultimately, what we want (as fans) is meaningless anyway. Pruitt is going to evaluate all the available kids and go after the ones he wants. Our opinions are meaningless.

Lol. I don’t come on here much but the butt hurt from my comment is amazing. Everyone seems so concerned about us landing a lowly rated prospect who’s family absolutely freaking trashed my beloved university at our lowest possible moment. Geeze. There’s lots (or higher rated prospects) who’s family never tried to take shots at us. Ultimately, what we want (as fans) is meaningless anyway. Pruitt is going to evaluate all the available kids and go after the ones he wants. Our opinions are meaningless.
But yours more than most.

I would have liked Cade to play for the Vols, absolutely. He decided not to play for Tennessee and could have handled it better, I think we all agree there. But seriously, if you're still that offended by what happened or what he said in a stupid ass video... you need to get a grip. It's really not a big deal.

Link where the FAMILY did what you allege? Other than a social media video with him singing and RUMORS? I don’t think even Cade matches that definition.

Reactions: AaronUT and jp1
“It’s easy access,” Mays told GoVols247 on Sunday. “Every other school that’s recruiting me isn’t as close as Tennessee. Tennessee is a 30-minute drive. Hop on the interstate and I’m gone. “And I love Tennessee as well. I’m very comfortable there. It’s easy to go somewhere that you’re comfortable. The big thing they’re trying to establish is relationships,” Mays said. “They’re preaching the same message every time. The last few times it’s just them building the relationship, strengthening our bonds.”

The frequent visits to Tennessee doesn’t mean he’s close to going public with a decision, as Mays explained it on Sunday. “In the next few months, probably,” Mays said, the asked if he had a timetable in mind. He has arrived at the point of cutting schools from his list of 13 offers. Tennessee has competition from Georgia, LSU and Florida as his recruitment continues. “I’ve kind of narrowed it down a little bit,” Mays said. “I’m going to stop responding to a lot of schools. I’ve got a few schools that are really talking to me.”

Next on the list, Mays said, could be G-Day at Georgia on Saturday. “I’m not sure,” he said. “I may head down to Georgia for their spring game, but I’m not sure.” When it comes to Georgia’s recruitment, he said his older brother Cade “stays out of it. He wants me to do what is best for me,” Mays said. “He doesn’t want to be the reason if I go somewhere that he pushes me to go and I end up kind of regretting my decision. He doesn’t want to be held responsible for that, so he wants me to do what is best for me, make my own decision.”

Still, Georgia has plenty to sell. “The main thing is playing with Cade and playing for Pitt (offensive line coach Sam Pittman),” Mays said. “It’s a good football school. It’s the SEC. The fans are crazy, good atmosphere.” So does Tennessee, as he’s seen frequently over the last few weeks. “They’re a really good, solid coaching staff,” Mays said. “They’ve got a good brand to sell. Tennessee is a place you can always recruit at because Tennessee has a really rich tradition. “Especially when you have coaches over there at their caliber. It’s easy to recruit to Tennessee.”

Hmmmm..... not sure how to interpret much of that. Not negative, but I do retract my previous post.

It's the same thing he's been saying all along-- he's going to take his visits and decide this summer if he's ready. The kid's being upfront about it. He and Cade have talked about playing together in college since they were kids, so UGA was always going to be a threat right up till he signs elsewhere.

VN Store

Back