'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

I said this weekend but LA Vol said he thinks it’s late summer so I trust his info (he seems connected) but I am sticking with soon... I know they are pushing for him to commit... there is a reason he is OV’ing this soon as is Rogers... just sit back and watch... if he doesn’t commit now it will be late summer as LA VOL said.. but that would still mean I am wrong but one thing I don’t doubt is he is going to be a Vol... that you can take to the bank.

I didn't say "late summer." I posted that Cooper said he wanted to take his visits this spring and would commit before his SR season if he felt ready. IDK what he's going to do or when. He's OVing this spring-- as he said he would-- so he can get his visits in before Catholic's season, which starts in July. Most of the pushing is coming from UT commits like Bailey, who's peer recruiting hard. The coaches are only pushing him to commit if he's ready. They're telling him all the things he wants to hear, but they know the situation and they want him to be comfortable with his decision.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't drag me into your forum disputes, Caleb.

Last edited:
I didn't say "late summer." I posted that Cooper said he wanted to take his visits this spring and would commit before his SR season if he felt ready. IDK what he's going to do or when. He's OVing this spring-- as he said he would-- so he can get his visits in before Catholic's season, which starts in July. Most of the pushing is coming from UT commits like Bailey, who's peer recruiting hard. The coaches are only pushing him to commit if he's ready. They're telling him all the things he wants to hear, but they know the situation and they want him to be comfortable with his decision.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't drag me into your forum disputes, Caleb.
My bad I thought you said late summer. I don’t know who Caleb is... but he must of pissed you guys off something fierce 😂

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
The younger brother of former five-star offensive lineman
Cade Mays, who is now at Georgia, Cooper has his own impressive list of suitors from around the country. He was on campus in Athens last weekend and some have thought he's poised to reunite with his brother at the next level. But the younger Mays is also a Tennessee legacy and the pull to stay close to home and follow in his father's footsteps with the Vols might be too much to pass up. Mays has taken several visits to nearby Tennessee recently and the Vols appear to have a leg up on the competition at this point.
rivals

Mays has been a frequent visitor on Rocky Top this spring, and will also be back in town. The Vols remain in a great spot for the in-state center with UGA and others lingering in the background. Williams will make his second trip to Tennessee this spring. The Alabama wideout really likes Tee Martin. The Vols face some stiff competition here, though, with FSU, Alabama and Auburn all in the mix.
-VQ

Visiting UGA next weekend
giphy.gif

This isn’t intended as a knock on Cooper, but: is Georgia interested in him because they truly want him, or are they intentionally trying to screw up Pruitts recruiting by showing interest ( since brother is there it would be automatic returned interest) and either delaying a commitment or outright stealing him away?

Delaying a commitment would be a good strategy especially knowing all the potential peer recruits that Cooper would assist with and its more resources the coaches have to use where they could be fishing in other waters.

This isn’t intended as a knock on Cooper, but: is Georgia interested in him because they truly want him, or are they intentionally trying to screw up Pruitts recruiting by showing interest ( since brother is there it would be automatic returned interest) and either delaying a commitment or outright stealing him away?

Delaying a commitment would be a good strategy especially knowing all the potential peer recruits that Cooper would assist with and its more resources the coaches have to use where they could be fishing in other waters.

UGA wants Ratledge bad. Don’t think for a minute they won’t use Ratledge’s relationship with Cooper to get what they want. If that means offering Cooper then so be it.

I said this weekend but LA Vol said he thinks it’s late summer so I trust his info (he seems connected) but I am sticking with soon... I know they are pushing for him to commit... there is a reason he is OV’ing this soon as is Rogers... just sit back and watch... if he doesn’t commit now it will be late summer as LA VOL said.. but that would still mean I am wrong but one thing I don’t doubt is he is going to be a Vol... that you can take to the bank.

LA Vol I know. You I don’t. Hope you have guessed correctly. Go Vols.

I know it’s ridiculous to hold his brothers actions over his head but I don’t care. I hope he doesn’t come here. His brother is a world class piece of trash. At some point you have to consider the upbringing. For cade to decommitt and end up at a rival, then totally trash us in multiple videos saying f ut...I’m mean, I dont know how he could possibly be a more classless piece of $hit. This is a proud university his father once played for. The fact that he would piss on us at our absolute worst moment is just pathetic. His brother can go somewhere else. Anywhere else.

VN Store

Back