'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

He's a need because he's a versatile lineman who was All-State at OL and the DL of the Year in his district who looks more polished as a center than 95% of the offensive linemen who come out of high school typically.

i hope your confidence in him at center is warranted as he plays LG in his highlights.

Reactions: KBVol
i detect a lot of confidence in this young man from the audience out there.

hopefully this all plays out magnificiently for him and maybe the vols.

So the people who are questioning his size and skills conveniently missed ron's post about him blowing up the rivals camp and wining OL MVP?
People realize or do not realize that center is usually your smaller guy that is smart and can get down field to the second levels. Look at Kielce from the Eagles he is not real big but he is damn good

You mean the one asking if we should be concerned about the weight of a high school junior? That one?

you speak in circles like the self-described windbag you are.

you're in over your head.

intelligent posters make the arguments for their point of view. you just want to nag without direction. not a fan...

you speak in circles like the self-described windbag you are.

you're in over your head.

intelligent posters make the arguments for their point of view. you just want to nag without direction. not a fan...
what am i missing here?

6'2", 280lbs isn't an overwhelming force on the OL. besides the last name and a late growing spurt something doesn't look right here. even the HS competition looks to be suspect. CM's highlights reflect a young man with excellent form and nasty disposition but his current size is the question. not even sure his offer is committable until after his SR season and he grows a bit more. Is he being recruited as a DL?

feel free to make me smarter.

Reread your drivel and retort when you feel up to it.

Reactions: butchna
Yes there are plenty of kids around the country his size, but how many bench over 400lbs as a high school junior? A center doesn't have to be 6'5". If the kid has elite strength, high football IQ, and a nasty disposition he is a take for me.

That is what is wanted! UT needs guys like that on both lines.

Reactions: sonofUT62
His face is the spitting image of a girl that I used to know, who died at too young an age

WeeklyGroundedDingo-size_restricted.gif

I agree... honestly kids this size a a dime a dozen in high schools all over America. He is not a NEED at all, the brother was the one we needed and that ship has sailed.

When they say we have an unknowledgeable fan base....this is what they’re talking about. Do you have any idea what modern day, high level S&C /Nutrition programs are capable of??

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
When they say we have an unknowledgeable fan base....this is what they’re talking about. Do you have any idea what modern day, high level S&C /Nutrition programs are capable of??
Can they make him grow 4-5 inches and keep him from getting beat in those videos posted a couple of days ago... listen I know he is a legacy and from Tennessee but that size and ability is very common... that wasn’t the opening. Lol

Can they make him grow 4-5 inches and keep him from getting beat in those videos posted a couple of days ago... listen I know he is a legacy and from Tennessee but that size and ability is very common... that wasn’t the opening. Lol

TWSS

4-5 inches? He’s already 6’2. Know a lot of 6’7 guards/ centers do you? This comment makes your remark about the talent level at the event down right laughable. You’re clearly in no position to be any judge of talent.

4-5 inches? He’s already 6’2. Know a lot of 6’7 guards/ centers do you? This comment makes your remark about the talent level at the event down right laughable. You’re clearly in no position to be any judge of talent.
And you’ve brought many examples and proof to the board as well... smh

Like I said not saying the kid isn’t good, just not an absolute NEED. He is good size center but definitely needs to add and easy 20-30 lbs without losing speed, which isn’t elite anyways.

VN Store

Back