'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Who wants to make their new home around people who could/ want to make their life unsettling when they don't have to put up with the bs somewhere else? Some people can let it roll off their back, others can't
If the Mays think these posters are representative of VN then Cooper should go elsewhere. But my question to you is, how do you even know the majority of these posters are TN fans? What % of the folks who support TN are behind these type posts? Let's say 200 have posted a negative comment toward Cade or Cooper. Let's pretend the total number of TN fans are 102455. That is .001920765 % of the fans who attend a game in Neyland would make a negative comment. That is a very small %. No one should make a decision based off message board chatter. Heck preachers would get pasted on an anonymous message board. Again the Cooper and his family should make a decision based on what is best for him. Just like Payton and Archie did.

I have said this before and might be in the minority but if Cooper decides to go someone else it wouldn't be a major loss imo. He's still undersized. He is standing beside Austin Price who couldn't be any more the 5'9". This makes Cooper 6'1" max. Maybe height is not a major issue at Center as it would be at other line positions though where you need a low center of gravity to keep DL from getting under your chest. He still needs to put on weight. Has his strength level been made public? I guess after Butch brought in so many guys that were not SEC ready it makes me hope UT gets away from that model and go the Alabama route. If he gets a scholarship I hope he comes and balls out.

I have said this before and might be in the minority but if Cooper decides to go someone else it wouldn't be a major loss imo. He's still undersized. He is standing beside Austin Price who couldn't be any more the 5'9". This makes Cooper 6'1" max. Maybe height is not a major issue at Center as it would be at other line positions though where you need a low center of gravity to keep DL from getting under your chest. He still needs to put on weight. Has his strength level been made public? I guess after Butch brought in so many guys that were not SEC ready it makes me hope UT gets away from that model and go the Alabama route. If he gets a scholarship I hope he comes and balls out.
This has been asked multiple times on VQ...Austin Price is 5'11". Cooper has grown, he's just over 6'3" and 270+lbs now.

He is not 6’1 max

1548637378002.jpeg

If the Mays think these posters are representative of VN then Cooper should go elsewhere. But my question to you is, how do you even know the majority of these posters are TN fans? What % of the folks who support TN are behind these type posts? Let's say 200 have posted a negative comment toward Cade or Cooper. Let's pretend the total number of TN fans are 102455. That is .001920765 % of the fans who attend a game in Neyland would make a negative comment. That is a very small %. No one should make a decision based off message board chatter. Heck preachers would get pasted on an anonymous message board. Again the Cooper and his family should make a decision based on what is best for him. Just like Payton and Archie did.
Lol your taking this too serious man. But again, everyone reacts and handles situations differently

Tbh don’t care if Mays or Tucker are in this class. We’re in on so many of the top lineman we’ll end up with a stud OL class in ‘20 regardless. If these kids prefer leaving home, adios!

Have to disagree. You saw what Cade did as a true freshman at UGA.
Cooper is of the same ilk just not as big. Great technique and will get stronger. He'll be 6'3 300 lbs in 2 years. And Tucker is imo a plug and play OG. He's very strong.

They could anchor the OLine for 3-4 years.
I think most of us are concedeing them to Clemson. But make no mistake, they both are plenty good enough to help rebuild UT. Seriously, if they're good enough for Clemson then theyre good enough for UT.

I do agree that there are a ton of good OLineman in 2020. So we'll get ours.

Cooper is of the same ilk just not as big. Great technique and will get stronger. He'll be 6'3 300 lbs in 2 years. And Tucker is imo a plug and play OG. He's very strong.

I think most of us are concedeing them to Clemson. But make no mistake, they both are plenty good enough to help rebuild UT. Seriously, if they're good enough for Clemson then theyre good enough for UT.

I didn't say I wouldn't welcome them or that I don't think they're good enough. I'm just saying there are so many really good 4 and 5 star OL out there that we're in good position to land that it really doesn't matter if a couple instate OL go elsewhere. That's fine we'll take Ratledge in GA or Rodgers in MI or Mayes out of NC instead, to go along with a couple OL out of Memphis. We'll be just fine either way is the point.

Mays & Tucker aren’t that elite. There are others just as talented, if not more so.

Cooper can follow his front running brother to Georgia (assuming he's got a commitable offer from them). As far as I'm concerned, the Mays family isn't welcome at Tennessee in any capacity. Clearly this MY opinion, which I'm entitled to, however, there are MANY that share this opinion for valid reasons. INB4 you all bring up the Ole Miss Manning comparison, last time I checked Peyton never told Ole Miss to go to hell or whatever Cade said about UT in that snap chat video. Peyton also didn't go to a division rival of Ole Miss. Lastly, Eli was an elite prospect, Cooper is not. Not. The. Same. Hit the ignore button, it'll make you feel better.

Cooper can follow his front running brother to Georgia (assuming he's got a commitable offer from them). As far as I'm concerned, the Mays family isn't welcome at Tennessee in any capacity. Clearly this MY opinion, which I'm entitled to, however, there are MANY that share this opinion for valid reasons. INB4 you all bring up the Ole Miss Manning comparison, last time I checked Peyton never told Ole Miss to go to hell or whatever Cade said about UT in that snap chat video. Peyton also didn't go to a division rival of Ole Miss. Lastly, Eli was an elite prospect, Cooper is not. Not. The. Same. Hit the ignore button, it'll make you feel better.
Dude you’re such a moronic tool for that stance! Have you ever in your life, made a decision for yourself, that was in your own best interests? Because there is no difference and it makes you an unbelievable hypocrite. People like you give the fanbase a bad name. I bet you’d be just fine with Grimes coming here though wouldn’t you?

Dude you’re such a moronic tool for that stance! Have you ever in your life, made a decision for yourself, that was in your own best interests? Because there is no difference and it makes you an unbelievable hypocrite. People like you give the fanbase a bad name. I bet you’d be just fine with Grimes coming here though wouldn’t you?
Who is Grimes? Rick Grimes?

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. And I would never tell somebody that can't have an opinion. However, stating your right to have an opinion doesn't allude to the fact that some opinions are complete hot garbage. And your opinion on this matter is hot garbage. So congrats on that.

The delete button would be better but it doesn't work.

Dude, Cade Mays is a front runner and a TRAITOR. Not so much for going to UGA, but for disrespecting UT, his fathers alma mater, after the fact, dude bro. Dude, that's where my disdain for him is rooted. I thought my op was pretty clear on that but I guess you missed the point, dude. Dude.

Last edited:
Dude, Cade Mays is a front runner and a trader. Not so much for going to UGA, but for disrespecting UT, his fathers alma mater, after the fact, dude bro. Dude, that's where my disdain for him is rooted. I thought my op was pretty clear on that but I guess you missed the point, dude. Dude.
1548769925616.png
L, dude

(jk)

Reactions: Smokeytom
this thread has folks..........
Ul3BJxv.gif

VN Store

Back