'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Word from the streets and in Knoxville, that this thing has really gotten ugly from the high school, to the UT campus, and his decision has already been made to Georgia. The Butch Jones pipeline has destroyed everything that the Vols has at this high school. It is going to take Pruitt and the coaching staff some convincing to other kids that are really good there, to really change this bad culture that is going on.

actually hes trending to UT. crystal ball says 100%...
Cooper Mays, Knoxville Catholic, Center (FB)

i have been keeping up with him on twitter and i think were in good shape.

Wait you are on the inside from Dyersburg all the way to Knoxville? Impressive stuff.

giphy.gif

This Mays brothers recruitment takes me back several years to the recruiting saga of the Collins brothers from Jefferson County High School. The elder brother went to Georgia to play for Vince Dooley and later convinced his younger brother, Todd, to do the same. I still hold a grudge over that one.
I am not saying the situations are similar in detail,, it just evokes memories of days gone by..

This Mays brothers recruitment takes me back several years to the recruiting saga of the Collins brothers from Jefferson County High School. The elder brother went to Georgia to play for Vince Dooley and later convinced his younger brother, Todd, to do the same. I still hold a grudge over that one.
I am not saying the situations are similar in detail,, it just evokes memories of days gone by..
remember that, think Todd was the really good player of the two... supposedly

The leroy thompson recruitment was another heartbreaker from that era

Cade’s recruitment and how it ultimately turned out literally has nothing to do with how I feel about Cooper’s recruitment now. I hope to goodness we land him.

Last edited:
remember that, think Todd was the really good player of the two... supposedly

The leroy thompson recruitment was another heartbreaker from that era

Yes, both the Collins boys were elite athletes, but the younger brother Todd was a beast.
He ended up leaving Georgia and enrolling here at UT for a minute, then subsequently ended up at Carson Newman. He was drafted and had a productive NFL career, playing 5 or 6 years for the Patriots before finishing his career at St. Louis I believe.

As for Leroy Thompson, well, that one too is a grudge that I will likely take to the grave.

Both of the Collins boys wound up at Carson-Newman. Brent was 2 years ahead of Todd and was getting playing time at UGA. Both of them transferred out at the same time I believe. Todd was at UT for a semester and then he went to C-N. Both of them made NAIA All American and got drafted. Brent didn't stick, but Todd played in 2 Super Bowls.

Those 2 and Thompson drove us nuts back in the old WLAC and Forrest Davis days of following recruiting.

Fair is Primary Recruiter on Burrell, Fields, and Simmons. He got Thompson last year. 2 4* and 2 3*.

That's a quote from Cooper on Chaney hire. 247 reached out to a bunch of recruits to get their reaction.
i figured that was what's up seeing other threads

cooper on Chaney via 247 gotcha

Both of the Collins boys wound up at Carson-Newman. Brent was 2 years ahead of Todd and was getting playing time at UGA. Both of them transferred out at the same time I believe. Todd was at UT for a semester and then he went to C-N. Both of them made NAIA All American and got drafted. Brent didn't stick, but Todd played in 2 Super Bowls.

Those 2 and Thompson drove us nuts back in the old WLAC and Forrest Davis days of following recruiting.
The Collins boys were crazy. I wonder why they went to C-N...I mean I know Sparks was a great coach, but were they just that homesick?

At this point, I’m quite convinced Cooper is a Vol. JMO.
I agree. A really good friend of mine Has known Kevin for years, talk to them pretty frequently, and everything I’m hearing at this point seems like Cooper really just wants to get out of Cade’s shadow More than anything, but has always been high on going to Tennessee. Not claiming that as a source, because I don’t follow recruiting in depth enough to have those kinds of “connections”, but just connecting the dots, it makes sense to me.

Reactions: Brentwoodvolfan

VN Store

Back