'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

That's an interesting issue. The kids with greater GPAs and ACTs may deserve it out of HS but once in the engineering program everyone is equal and should have same opportunitities for scholarships and aid.

A 25 on the ACT gets you on a list for evaluation I believe. The better route is to prove yourself in a Junior College and transfer with the A.S. degree.

I mean do you want to be the alumni of a school that gains a bad reputation for putting out a bunch of students with low ACT scores who aren't competitive for top jobs? That doesn't benefit anyone. I get that it's a bit insulting to people who weren't top students but the reality is that top schools need top students. With that being said I agree that the out of state tuition is annoying. The problem lies in the way that taxes affect tuition at a state level though, it would be tough to work around that imo.

I had a 25 on my ACT and graduated Cum Laude back in the day. The ACT score would get me on a waiting list. Of course, I took it once as a junior, got enough to get in and that was it. And the engineering degree we got in the 80's when we were on quarters was equivalent to an advanced degree today. My old professor said as much. The university should attract the top students, of course. I'm not sure kicking the sub 25 ACT guys to the curb is the answer though. Let the educational process weed them out. We had huge freshmen classes for entry level college courses like Statics where the professor would say look to your left and right, two of you won't be here as seniors. Strength through attrition in a college environment. Just as many valedictorians partied their way out of K-town as the average student.

They're all indoctrination centers with an agenda. Every single one. I went to college to learn about myself, challenge my convictions, and be exposed to a diversity of people with varying ideas.

I instead found an "act like this, think like this, talk like this" doctrine instead. Any stray from a certain ideology wasn't met with rational debate or logical discussion - but hatred and bullying. From nearly every professor.

It isn't a UT issue ( I didn't go to UT), though I wish it were just isolated to a few schools.

I've perused 5 college applications in the last month. UTK's is the only one that asked "what gender do you identify with?"

We sure do have some "special" members in our fanbase.
tenor.gif

What a boneheaded comment.
well, apparently he's not alone....from what they were saying this morning, a tweet about Cooper from Callahan apparently generated a bunch of negative energy about the prospects of a Mays coming to TN.

dumb.

well, apparently he's not alone....from what they were saying this morning, a tweet about Cooper from Callahan apparently generated a bunch of negative energy about the prospects of a Mays coming to TN.

dumb.
Of course, Saturday Down South had to write an entire article about it; they so love to make UT look bad.

I've always said, and I will continue to say, this is the best fan base in the world...this is the worst fan base in the world.

VolTwitter is so embarrassing. Omg didn’t get Freeze everybody tweet at randy Boyd!!! Omg hs kid chose another college let’s be a dick to his younger brother.

That said, if you’re letting twitter decide your college choice, then you’re not thinking clearly.

I had a 25 on my ACT and graduated Cum Laude back in the day. The ACT score would get me on a waiting list. Of course, I took it once as a junior, got enough to get in and that was it. And the engineering degree we got in the 80's when we were on quarters was equivalent to an advanced degree today. My old professor said as much. The university should attract the top students, of course. I'm not sure kicking the sub 25 ACT guys to the curb is the answer though. Let the educational process weed them out. We had huge freshmen classes for entry level college courses like Statics where the professor would say look to your left and right, two of you won't be here as seniors. Strength through attrition in a college environment. Just as many valedictorians partied their way out of K-town as the average student.
Lol I remember the look left look right..lol

Some people have a very hard time with standardized tests but are really brilliant. I'm a civil engineer and unlike some of the other disciplines we value common sense.,lol

dumb.
It did. Swain was talking about it last week. Just because Cade went to UGA doesn't mean Cooper wanted to. In fact (this is hardly what I'd consider "a source"), my pastor has been very close friends with their family for all of Cade's and Cooper's lives. I was told that Cooper wants to go somewhere where he just can get out from underneath Cade's shadow and prove he's just as good. I've even seen texts from Cade & Cooper's mom to my pastor saying as much. They never said he wanted to go to UT specifically but we all know that's in their family's blood. It's just sad how few dimwits it takes to completely turn off an impressionable 17-18 year old kid to a specific school.

After the article came out, I was expecting trolls from other SEC schools to start this kind of crap.

They never said he wanted to go to UT specifically but we all know that's in their family's blood. It's just sad how few dimwits it takes to completely turn off an impressionable 17-18 year old kid to a specific school.

If it only takes a few idiots to turn him off, then we got that covered, no doubt. Sad, as you say.

Reactions: supersmo18

VN Store

Back