'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Cade was really good and knew it, he wanted to go win a championship and didn't want to go here. The younger brother doesn't seem to have as many tools as older brother, so the family is probably looking at the fact he'd be lucky to get a scholly from UT and are trying to get it. He must get bigger, stronger, and make some other improvements, or I don't think he's a priority when the time comes unless we just need some depth.

Cade was really good and knew it, he wanted to go win a championship and didn't want to go here. The younger brother doesn't seem to have as many tools as older brother, so the family is probably looking at the fact he'd be lucky to get a scholly from UT and are trying to get it. He must get bigger, stronger, and make some other improvements, or I don't think he's a priority when the time comes unless we just need some depth.

I could be completely wrong, and please VN tell me if I am, but aren't centers who are as good as Cooper pretty hard to find in High School? Like they dont really give Centers more than 3* anyway? Ive heard from friends who are coaches that Cooper already has most of the skills of a collegiate center & it would be great for UT to get him. Could be wrong though. GBO.

yeah he's definitely an elite center, and he will play the position his entire career. bit undersized as it stands now, but that is the least of my concerns considering his pedigree.

im more worried he gets scooped up by Clemson or UGA. But CJP wants him bad and i think we get him. would be great to land a true center, it's been years

yeah he's definitely an elite center, and he will play the position his entire career. bit undersized as it stands now, but that is the least of my concerns considering his pedigree.
yeah, 2+ years to develop...i'll be worried spring after next if he still looks like he does today....til then.............

Fulmer favored recruiting tackles and the dancers with quick feet and size stayed on the outside as a tackle. The others moved inside to the center and guard positions. Is Cooper playing center in HS because he is smaller and not very agile? If so, they are a dime a dozen.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
The real question is, who is the young lesbian woman in the first post of this thread?
giphy.gif

Reactions: BucVol98
Je
He's the #4 C in the country. A true C out of HS is hard to come by.

Center rankings are very misleading in HS IMO. A Top 5 "Center" usually equates to a Top 35-40 OG or OT from a ranking and talent standpoint, if not lower than that. Usually the best offensive line prospects on high school teams are playing Tackle or Guard. Very few of them are playing Center. It's also quite easy to plug in a high school OG or OT at Center once they get to college.

Center rankings are very misleading in HS IMO. A Top 5 "Center" usually equates to a Top 35-40 OG or OT from a ranking and talent standpoint, if not lower than that. Usually the best offensive line prospects on high school teams are playing Tackle or Guard. Very few of them are playing Center. It's also quite easy to plug in a high school OG or OT at Center once they get to college.
If Jeremy Pruitt and Will Friend want the kid, and they want him to play C...which, from what we're hearing, they do...then I'm good with it.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

With Lampley and McBride both committed in the 19 class that fits the mold as you said. It would be interesting to see if they immediately take his commitment with the plethora of OL from West TN and the likes of Rogers, Ratledge and others still on the board for 20'. Be interesting to see going forward

Last edited:
Reactions: Montrell Hardy
With Lampley and McBride both committed in the 19 class that fits the mold as you said. It would be interesting to see if they immediately take his commitment with the plethora of OL from West TN and the likes of Rogers, Ratledge and others still on the board for 20'. Be interesting to see going forward
Simonton and Hubbs, both, said he's a take.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
Simonton and Hubbs, both, said he's a take.

Oh I like his game plenty. I was just speaking to taking a true center. He's listed as an OG so he displays versatility which up's his value in my book. But it's fair to have other names in play if in fact prior classes fill some of the void's with equal or better value. Gotta love cruit'n (recruiting) it's so fluid

Reactions: SugarCC
Oh I like his game plenty. I was just speaking to taking a true center. He's listed as an OG so he displays versatility which up's his value in my book. But it's fair to have other names in play if in fact prior classes fill some of the void's with equal or better value. Gotta love cruit'n (recruiting) it's so fluid
Oh, yeah; I love recruiting, everything about it.

I believe ESPN is only place that lists Mays as a OG. Everywhere else, he's listed as a true OC.

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
Oh, yeah; I love recruiting, everything about it.

I believe ESPN is only place that lists Mays as a OG. Everywhere else, he's listed as a true OC.

And as he continues to get stronger and add weight look out. Would love to lock him up early so he could peer recruit for the good guys

Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back