'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

I’d gladly take “choking” at Tennessee if winning the SECe twice, winning the SEC once, playing in the national title game and winning 24 games in 2 years is “choking”.
Didn’t win the SEC East twice. Finished second in the division in 99.

Cade has taken some abuse from our fan base. More than anyone in recent memory. He may have brought some of it on himself, but have to think that would be in the back of Cooper's head if he and Cade are close at all. As someone with brothers, I would think twice about going to a school whose fans consistently harass my brother. Hopefully things are not as personal for him as it would be for me.

I think if it were my brother, I'd just figure he's got to deal with the results of his singing. And if I (his brother) were a UT fan, I'd be pissed at him, too.

Cade has taken some abuse from our fan base. More than anyone in recent memory. He may have brought some of it on himself, but have to think that would be in the back of Cooper's head if he and Cade are close at all. As someone with brothers, I would think twice about going to a school whose fans consistently harass my brother. Hopefully things are not as personal for him as it would be for me.

People on here call his dad a traitor. I just don't see this kid coming here now.

who said that? and by people I assume you mean multiple

There were a few back in the Cade Mays thread that said some negative things about dad and some comments made the rounds on twitter, too. I also think there was someone earlier in this thread that called out dad/Mays family but I may be mistaken on that one.

I'm not suggesting that a LOT of people are running their mouths like that, just that we have some crazies and I would be willing to bet that the Mays family have heard some negative things in the last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikepotts
There were a few back in the Cade Mays thread that said some negative things about dad and some comments made the rounds on twitter, too. I also think there was someone earlier in this thread that called out dad/Mays family but I may be mistaken on that one.

I'm not suggesting that a LOT of people are running their mouths like that, just that we have some crazies and I would be willing to bet that the Mays family have heard some negative things in the last year.
so who? Daddy Mays affected by hateCadeVol on a message board?

Not being a prick I just dont see alpha's concerned with that sh**

Cade didnt give a damn and knew what was comin

I dont know if we will have room for Coop if we land 4 or 5 we're in on but he seems to be growing into a very good prospect. I just dont think when he's talking to Pruitt and Friend that is anywhere near his thought process. My brother spurned ya'll and 6 or 8 fans were meanies

When Cade went out of his way to disrespect Tennessee..he brought all that on him. Stupidity has consequences, and usually causes a lot of collateral damage. He knew it would piss people off and he did it anyway.

We have offers out to a number of OL prospects that include the list below. Probably only going to sign 4-5 OL next year, so the question truly is where does he stand on the board inside the football complex.

Justin Rogers - MI - 5 Star
Chris Morris - TN - 4 Star
Tate Ratledge - GA - 4 Star
Mitchell Mayes - NC - 4 Star
Bryn Tucker - TN - 4 Star
Omari Thomas - TN - 4 Star
John Young - KY - 4 Star

Didn't stop Eli from choosing Ole Sis when they (Ole sis folk) went ape ______ over Peyton signing with the Big Orange...

Reactions: JacketVol
When Cade went out of his way to disrespect COACH BUTCH JONES and his BAND OF LOST PLANET IDIOTS... CBJ'S Stupidity has consequences, and usually causes a lot of collateral damage......

I attempted to fix your post....to suit what I actually think......

Cade's sentiments had more to do with the COACHING STAFF at UT than it did with the PROGRAM. CBJ single-handedly made the VOLS a walking cluster..... CBJ had NO HOPE left to sell....Cade knew it.....and I don't bear him any ill will. He sure could've helped us last season, though. He played MUCH BETTER for the pups than #58 did for us last year.

Situation has changed drastically and hopefully Cooper can see how much CJP and his crew are.... MAJOR changes can happen over 4 years.....GO VOLS!

I attempted to fix your post....to suit what I actually think......

Cade's sentiments had more to do with the COACHING STAFF at UT than it did with the PROGRAM. CBJ single-handedly made the VOLS a walking cluster..... CBJ had NO HOPE left to sell....Cade knew it.....and I don't bear him any ill will. He sure could've helped us last season, though. He played MUCH BETTER for the pups than #58 did for us last year.

Situation has changed drastically and hopefully Cooper can see how much CJP and his crew are.... MAJOR changes can happen over 4 years.....GO VOLS!
He didn't have to disrespect all of us, his fellow Tennesseans, because Botch was a screw up. The kid was a jackass and his family has gotten caught in the crossfire.

I don't blame him for going to UGA under the circumstances, but I do blame him for being an ass about it.

We have offers out to a number of OL prospects that include the list below. Probably only going to sign 4-5 OL next year, so the question truly is where does he stand on the board inside the football complex.

John Young - KY - 4 Star

- Tier 1 -
Justin Rogers
Tate Ratledge

- Tier 2 -
Omari Thomas
Chris Morris
Marcus Henderson
Mitchell Mayes

- Tier 3 -
Bryn Tucker
Ray Curry
John Young

Not sure where Cooper would slot honestly. I’m more in favor of taking another big body and converting them to Center.

The only reason Eli went to OM was the same reason Peyton went to UT...Cutcliffe

Not a fact, JMO
Peyton didn’t have that relationship with Cut yet when he signed. Also doubt that Cut was the ONLY reason Eli signed with the school that has his dad’s jersey number as the campus speeding limit.

John Young - KY - 4 Star

I know someone close to John Young. I don't foresee him leaving the state of Kentucky.

VN Store

Back