'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

I’m way over 40 and the guy he flattened in that video wasn’t any where close to 280 lbs. Hope he becomes an All American and gets rich in the NFL, but every year a bunch of fan boys get on here and try to over hype these high schoolers. Nobody knows how they will pan out but we all know it takes a lot of development for high school linemen to become successful SEC linemen. If you’re delicate sensibilities are hurt from my realistic observation of a recruits video then insult away

Reactions: jtipto10
I’m way over 40 and the guy he flattened in that video wasn’t any where close to 280 lbs. Hope he becomes an All American and gets rich in the NFL, but every year a bunch of fan boys get on here and try to over hype these high schoolers. Nobody knows how they will pan out but we all know it takes a lot of development for high school linemen to become successful SEC linemen. If you’re delicate sensibilities are hurt from my realistic observation of a recruits video then insult away
So you’re confining everything to one video and your predetermined stock narrative? Sounds scientific.

Kiss my ass Butchna - if you don’t like my assessment of the video then put me on ignore

I would have a bigger issue if he didn’t finish him. The kid acted like he was going to come in the backfield and make a play.Is he suppose to ignore the kid because he is smaller.Did you say the same thing last year when Grayson was playing on ESPN when Wanya Morris punished a smaller kid.

Reactions: SugarCC and butchna
We’re insulting you because your lack of football knowledge needs to be over in the Football forum. Along with BigOrange, Hank and Kingston. You 4 are an embarrassment to this fan base.

Someone make sure the coaches know asap so they do not waste their time.

I would have a bigger issue if he didn’t finish him. The kid acted like he was going to come in the backfield and make a play.Is he suppose to ignore the kid because he is smaller.Did you say the same thing last year when Grayson was playing on ESPN when Wanya Morris punished a smaller kid.

Thank you for this excellent comparison.

Did someone else post that particular block of Morris on a way smaller opponent was evidence of Morris’ future SEC success? If I had read such a comment then yes I would have probably pointed out the significant size difference making that particular piece of video irrelevant. Doesn’t mean I’m not glad they signed Morris and I’m still hopeful he develops into a quality SEC tackle. As we’ve seen in the first 3 games he’s not there yet and still needs additional development. I suspect Mays will need some developmental time also and won’t show up next year ready to dominate the SEC like he can a much smaller high school kid.

These observations aren’t trolling nor insults to the recruits - they simply point out the baseless hype some fans cast on HS recruits

Reactions: StanfordVol

Did someone else post that particular block of Morris on a way smaller opponent was evidence of Morris’ future SEC success? If I had read such a comment then yes I would have probably pointed out the significant size difference making that particular piece of video irrelevant. Doesn’t mean I’m not glad they signed Morris and I’m still hopeful he develops into a quality SEC tackle. As we’ve seen in the first 3 games he’s not there yet and still needs additional development. I suspect Mays will need some developmental time also and won’t show up next year ready to dominate the SEC like he can a much smaller high school kid.

These observations aren’t trolling nor insults to the recruits - they simply point out the baseless hype some fans cast on HS recruits

“He can sure smash those 190 lb high school linemen!”

You’re not trolling?

Someone make sure the coaches know asap so they do not waste their time.
Reading comprehension is a valuable skill - my post didn’t suggest Mays is a poor recruit and CJP should pass. Personally, I hope Mays sticks as he has the blood lines to be successful in the SEC. I m not however expecting that success to be next season

If you do not like people's assessment of your assessment then why don't you follow your own advice?
It’s Butchna who’s assessments I don’t care for, this from a long history of reading them. Have had him ignored numerous times in the past. Maybe I should follow your advice and do so again.

If anyone wants to actually debate the merits of the posted video then by all means let’s discuss. All I’ve read is “your a troll” when I pointed out the obvious size discrepancy.

And why does that abnormally bother you? 😏

It’s Butchna who’s assessments I don’t care for, this from a long history of reading them. Have had him ignored numerous times in the past. Maybe I should follow your advice and do so again. 😩😥😪😢😭

If anyone wants to actually debate the merits of the posted video then by all means let’s discuss. All I’ve read is “your a troll” when I pointed out the obvious size discrepancy.
You should. You can’t hang and embarrass yourself fail-trying. But afore you tuck that tail, I’m not speaking for anyone else but I get excited when I see a mean streak exhibited by a recruit/commit...cuz I’ve seen it NOT exhibited by players we’ve signed way too many times...regardless of the size of opponent. When you observe fans celebrating such and your FIRST instinct is to trot out a smart azz post (cuz that’s what it was)? Then you’ve chosen a hill and whelched when the dying on started. Safe travels bruisable soul. 😎

You should. You can’t hang and embarrass yourself fail-trying. But afore you tuck that tail, I’m not speaking for anyone else but I get excited when I see a mean streak exhibited by a recruit/commit...cuz I’ve seen it NOT exhibited by players we’ve signed way too many times...regardless of the size of opponent. When you observe fans celebrating such and your FIRST instinct is to trot out a smart azz post (cuz that’s what it was)? Then you’ve chosen a hill and whelched when the dying on started. Safe travels bruisable soul. 😎
Amen..I do love a good butchie thrashing..

As long as I'm not the target..

This is why I haven't felt the need to go after such folk here lately. I leave it to you, my friend; and sit back and enjoy.

Go Vols, b!

It’s Butchna who’s assessments I don’t care for, this from a long history of reading them. Have had him ignored numerous times in the past. Maybe I should follow your advice and do so again.

He can only block who is front of him.

Mays is actually a very technically sound lineman, and good strength levels. Good mean streak as well.

With Kennedy leaving, Mays "may" find himself in a starting spot. He'd be the most natural center on the whole team from day 1.

If we go winless in SEC I think Mays is the only recruit that will still keep his commitment. Maybe HB also....just because every other program will have a qb commitment already. Gators eat boogers.

VN Store

Back