'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Just pulled up GA depth chart. Cade is a backup to a Junior and there are no Seniors starting on the Oline. Only juniors and sophomores. So barring injury or early draft Cade is a backup till his senior year.

Might actually get him as a grad transfer.

I got this Bass...

👀

Just pulled up GA depth chart. Cade is a backup to a Junior and there are no Seniors starting on the Oline. Only juniors and sophomores. So barring injury or early draft Cade is a backup till his senior year.

ATLVOL said as much right before Cade committed. UGA takes 4 or 5 OL every year, and there is a back log for playing time. A few will transfer out. He should just hit the portal this year and be here when his brother gets here. That makes the most sense.

Buddy of mine mentioned yesterday that he has been practicing at guard, tackle and center. Their plan is to use him as a first guy off the bench type role.

Junior who’s a first round pick in the next draft...possibly top 10 pick. Years of bad OL recruiting (ignore that 5 star after 5 star myth) has us rail thin on the line! Cade will start and be a top 10 draft pick next year!
- VNHomelessDawg prolly

I mean.. they played Chuckey-Doak. Wonder what kind of check they wrote. D1 all over the field, and scheduling average NE TN 3A's in the non-conference? Sad.

Last edited:
Cooper's around 285 now and in a good training program. By the time he hits campus in January and spends a year with Fitz, he could easily be 310 of good weight. He could play some as a FR... but give him a RS year, and his size and strength won't be an issue at all.

310? I don't think he could get that big.

He's already benching 400 lbs at 285. I don't think he needs anymore weight really. Barret Jones was 290 at Bama as they were winning National Titles with him at center.

I mean.. they played Chuckey-Doak. Wonder what kind of check they wrote. D1 all over the field, and scheduling average NE TN 3A's in the non-conference? Sad.

They have a good schedule. Sometimes other good teams won't play a team like Catholic is this year.

Reactions: chavisut
Cooper's around 285 now and in a good training program. By the time he hits campus in January and spends a year with Fitz, he could easily be 310 of good weight. He could play some as a FR... but give him a RS year, and his size and strength won't be an issue at all.
Fitz’ son also plays pee wee ball at Catholic so I’m sure that program is getting some good instruction already.

Yeah right...more like “center of the bench, guard the Gatorade cups, tackle anyone who tries to get some”

He can come guard our Gatorade cups right now and I wouldn't blink an eye. Outside of Trey Smith, he walks in and picks his spot on our o-line

VN Store

Back