'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

wonder what new article says?
All they did was play paintball, visit and eat. Recruits on multiple teams, coaches on another team, they played all day and had a lot of fun. Mays said it was the most unique recruiting trip he's ever been on. Seemed to have a really good time.

All they did was play paintball, visit and eat. Recruits on multiple teams, coaches on another team, they played all day and had a lot of fun. Mays said it was the most unique recruiting trip he's ever been on. Seemed to have a really good time.

just not enough to commit, amirite?

i kid. hope dudes a Vol. think he could start ish off, if not. oh well.

NO he was feeling around before the firing. The whispers started well before that and UGA knew it. It was a toxic situation and the family saw it.

In a game or 1 on 1s he was beat. He has to work on lower body strength definitely. As a DL instructor the DL guy pushed the pocket and as a interior guy that's his job. But in all fairness the DL kid did a modified bull rush which is not adviced or taught to be used in shorts and t-shirts. If that big DL used his hands at all that would've really been a bad rep for Mays.

Reactions: AaronUT
In a game or 1 on 1s he was beat. He has to work on lower body strength definitely. As a DL instructor the DL guy pushed the pocket and as a interior guy that's his job. But in all fairness the DL kid did a modified bull rush which is not adviced or taught to be used in shorts and t-shirts. If that big DL used his hands at all that would've really been a bad rep for Mays.
Not much disagreement but wasn't this a 3 second drop back pass protection drill? Didn't appear Mays tried to push at all, only obstruct.. to my admittedly untrained eye anyway.

Not much disagreement but wasn't this a 3 second drop back pass protection drill? Didn't appear Mays tried to push at all, only obstruct.. to my admittedly untrained eye anyway.

There is no definitive assignment other than the OLvsDL. I've been to UA in Orlando and AA in San Antonio. The goal of the OL is to anchor down and lock out the DL guy. The DL guy assignment is simple get to the ball beat the OL to the spot WITHOUT using a bull rush. That's why I said earlier th DL kid was wrong and didn't use his hands. In 1v1s you don't call out run or pass pro. In individuals they do because you're teaching specifics of hnd plcement, feet, etc

NO he was feeling around before the firing. The whispers started well before that and UGA knew it. It was a toxic situation and the family saw it.

My thinking (and I don’t know that much) is he needs to get into that guy your giving up leverage by sitting back and his second step is slow... his first step was flat, if you know your lower body isn’t that strong then you out smart him. Get into him quickly stab his peck and drive... only way he was gonna beat him.

Reactions: de1conley
Latest intel on Cooper is he wants to go to Georgia but Georgia isn’t ready to take his commitment. Tennessee is the clear #2. Georgia may not be ready to take him until close to signing day if at all. This is why he’s still weighing his options. He doesn’t want to make an early commitment to Tennessee then get an opportunity to play with his brother at Georgia and back out on Tennessee. If Georgia slow plays this long enough then Tennessee may win out as the Mays family grows tiresome of Georgia’s games.
VQ poster who has been right on some things but really missed on gruden

Reactions: nesbuddha66
VQ poster who has been right on some things but really missed on gruden
If that's the case we need to move on to another olineman. This is a business as the Mays family has pointed out. It's not like he's a player that we'd hurt to lose. There are others that are equally as good. In my opinion once you fill his spot he's out. Would love to have him but if his heart is in GA, he needs to go to GA.

VN Store

Back