'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Counter serious question. With our new strength and conditioning staff and the guys that have been recruited have you heard of any serious injuries? Hanging up to listen how you will move this goal post.
Chip Kelly sucks. Working on his second straight 0-5 start and can’t even recruit a top 40 class...at UCLA! Oops sorry...quoted wrong post. 😉

Our S&C may be fine, or not. Kind of unknown. I don't think anyone is hurt this year due to poor conditioning, so far. I have heard people who claim to know state that one of the negative recruiting angles used against us for linemen is that we have to play guys who aren't SEC ready and we have to give guys too many reps. The implication being that coming here might get you hurt and/or shorten your pro-window.

Well since Pruitt has got his own recruits playing all over the field I haven’t heard of any significant injuries. The injuries so far have come from the older Butch Jones guys. Minus maybe JJP. Which to me is a major achievement by this S&C staff.

Pruitt weeded out the guys who couldn’t hack it or the ones whose bodies were not up for the punishment anymore. Which is a real disgrace to them from the previous staff of doing them a disservice. Pruitt does not take small kids.

On top of that Cooper Mays is now 6’3 - Roughly 280 lbs and rumored to be closer to 300 lbs and plays Center. He Benched over 400lbs as a Senior in HS he isn’t undersized and all it will take is for him to come in as an Early Enrollee to add 15 - 20 lbs of healthy weight to him before next season starts.

So does that answers your question? Or do you want a different answer?

Well since Pruitt has got his own recruits playing all over the field I haven’t heard of any significant injuries. The injuries so far have come from the older Butch Jones guys. Minus maybe JJP. Which to me is a major achievement by this S&C staff.

Pruitt weeded out the guys who couldn’t hack it or the ones whose bodies were not up for the punishment anymore. Which is a real disgrace to them from the previous staff of doing them a disservice. Pruitt does not take small kids.

On top of that Cooper Mays is now 6’3 - Roughly 280 lbs and rumored to be closer to 300 lbs and plays Center. He Benched over 400lbs as a Senior in HS he isn’t undersized and all it will take is for him to come in as an Early Enrollee to add 15 - 20 lbs of healthy weight to him before next season starts.

Covered it! Gets here early, grabs the starting center spot and never gives it up imo...reiterated. 😎

do we really need our Center to be 315? i would think they'd want his weight to be closer to 300? i literally have no idea, im asking.

You wouldn't be happy even if we went 15-0.
He fired Pruitt before his introductory PC. When he utilizes “if”, it’s a literary device. There’s no scenario that exists that has him accepting Pruitt (or any coach ceptin 3 or 4 particular names...so when they die, NOBODY). So any conversations with him concerning the football program is going down that dead end alley. 😴

He fired Pruitt before his introductory PC. When he utilizes “if”, it’s a literary device. There’s no scenario that exists that has him accepting Pruitt (or any coach ceptin 3 or 4 particular names...so when they die, NOBODY). So any conversations with him concerning the football program is going down that dead end alley. 😴
Wouldn't be happy with Saban or Dabo....sad really.

VN Store

Back