'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

These 2 will be the first to yell FARH PRUITT! Probably 3 games in when we only beat BYU by 30.
That guy went on for pages ripping into Cooper but the overwhelming majority stood up for him. That's good.

The TN stuff.. lets just say I think we could all use some success. Good for the soul.

I don't get bashing kids in general. Especially if they're on the team. People have no idea in general how hard most of them work. I'm not above bashing a coach when they get paid millions. That's different though.
Because they are anonymous and no retribution. Never say any of that crap to anyone's face if there in person

Reactions: VolDC
Wrong thread, and idc as long as someone's being supportive.

This was about Cooper and TN. Love that he remembers and carrying that chip. Shame we give them so much ammo though.

This isn’t the wrong thread. KB was the one saying the harmful things. Was proving a point that no one can listen to what KB says.

Also, I agree calling a kid trash etc is never good. Half the people on this forum never played a lick of football especially not on the college level.

Glad Cooper is using it as a stepping stone.

I don't get bashing kids in general. Especially if they're on the team. People have no idea in general how hard most of them work. I'm not above bashing a coach when they get paid millions. That's different though.
yep. i don't have an issue with talking about performance, good or bad. i think that just comes with the territory.

but some of it goes way past that. don't see why people feel the need.....makes no sense to me.

Wrong thread, and idc as long as someone's being supportive.

This was about Cooper and TN. Love that he remembers and carrying that chip. Shame we give them so much ammo though.
'member what we thought of FL fans when Franks got up off the ground after scoring a TD basically flipping the home crowd off???

This isn’t the wrong thread. KB was the one saying the harmful things. Was proving a point that no one can listen to what KB says.

Also, I agree calling a kid trash etc is never good. Half the people on this forum never played a lick of football especially not on the college level.

Glad Cooper is using it as a stepping stone.
I think he was trying to prevent another jg debate thread.

Word from the streets and in Knoxville, that this thing has really gotten ugly from the high school, to the UT campus, and his decision has already been made to Georgia. The Butch Jones pipeline has destroyed everything that the Vols has at this high school. It is going to take Pruitt and the coaching staff some convincing to other kids that are really good there, to really change this bad culture that is going on.
This was a real gem.

Just read back through and holy..

Roller coaster from hell. From not caring to, not good enough to pure out hatred, to maybe wanting, to holding our breath that he chose us. What a ride.

“A person is smart. Vol fans are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and a year ago we knew Cooper Mays was an ETSU level talent and we didn’t like him for no other reason than he is Cade’s brother. Imagine what we’ll know tomorrow.”

-Agent K

Without going into the whole Cade Mays thing, I submit that Cooper Mays is just simply not a take for us in 2020. We are in on Tucker, Ratledge, and the Memphis Four, among others.....all bigger and more highly rated than Mays.... and those six are all we'll be able to take. And besides, Mays is under size per Pruitt's determination that the Vols have to get bigger, meaner and stronger. He doesn't fit our needs, so; I personally wish Cooper Mays well and move on.
Lmao

VN Store

Back