'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

lol it’s sad we’re so desperate for a UGA OL transfer. We really are at rock bottom.

If he’s really sick of it he’d leave right now and not prolong the frustration.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Like I said, if Cade Mays wants out he’ll go today. Why wait another year? I’ll hang up and listen.
maybe because it’s all speculation at this point, no one knows but him. Pure speculation. Maybe wait until grad transfer qualifies, so no wait on the pine.? Point being, you already know all this stuff.

Reactions: chargervol
Like I said, if Cade Mays wants out he’ll go today. Why wait another year? I’ll hang up and listen.
I agree. If he were actually planning to transfer to UT he'd do it very soon, not wait a year. With him being from Knoxville I'm guessing he could get an NCAA waiver to play immediately. But I'm guessing what AV is sharing is just talk behind the scenes and nothing really serious. JMO

I agree. If he were actually planning to transfer to UT he'd do it very soon, not wait a year. With him being from Knoxville I'm guessing he could get an NCAA waiver to play immediately. But I'm guessing what AV is sharing is just talk behind the scenes and nothing really serious. JMO

Sounds kinda like something we've all been through, at least to me. Not happy at your job but not sure about leaving.

Planning it out a year in advance does sound sketchy but AV wasn't the one that mentioned anything about that, I don't think.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Sounds kinda like something we've all been through, at least to me. Not happy at your job but not sure about leaving.

Planning it out a year in advance does sound sketchy but AV wasn't the one that mentioned anything about that, I don't think.
AV said "Don't count out the bigger coming back as well". That's not much detail or definitive so that triggers much speculation and rumors fly. Then a guy on VQ said he heard he plans to graduate next May and possibly be a grad transfer to UT.

What AV shared just sounds like chit chat behind the scenes to me. Someone overheard someone saying something like, "His big bro isn't too happy not being penciled in as a starter..." and then folks run with it. Just my guess.

AV said "Don't count out the bigger coming back as well". That's not much detail or definitive so that triggers much speculation and rumors fly. Then a guy on VQ said he heard he plans to graduate next May and possibly be a grad transfer to UT.

What AV shared just sounds like chit chat behind the scenes to me. Someone overheard someone saying something like, "His big bro isn't too happy not being penciled in as a starter..." and then folks run with it. Just my guess.
Yeah, I think we're mostly agreeing. I don't rule him not being happy out but think the chances of him actually leaving, are pretty slim.

from a poster on VQ

"I’ve heard something similar. Cade will graduate next May and could transfer here to play with brother. Absolutely not set in stone but the idea has been thrown around. "

Interesting as much as hated on him for going to UGA it sounds like he had his school priorities in line to be set to graduate in May of his Jr yr. benefits of early enrolling I guess

Interesting as much as hated on him for going to UGA it sounds like he had his school priorities in line to be set to graduate in May of his Jr yr. benefits of early enrolling I guess
I didn't even hate on him for picking GA. Didn't care for his choice in music..at all.. but I vent a bit and move on.
As someone else said, it was the deal with him refusing to even talk with Fulmer.
Different AD, then I don't give it much thought. But given the history, I found it very disrespectful, even for "a kid".

But that's Fulmer's slight to overlook/forgive, not mine. I'll just keep rolling along with whatever they feel best.

If these guys wanted to they could graduate a lot sooner than their junior year, but they're advised to take the minimum amount of hours required

Does Tennessee have the far-and-away lead for Mays’ services or will this be the second Mays brother to break the Vols’ hearts and head elsewhere?

FIRST TAKE: WOODY WOMMACK, SOUTHEAST ANALYST
“Tennessee is the leader. He’s been there the most. One of the things that’s most important in his recruitment is that Jeremy Pruitt has made him a priority. He likes Georgia, but I don’t know if Georgia is really in the cards right now the way they’ve been recruiting at the position. Tennessee is finally going to get a Mays and it’s going to be this one.”

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, NATIONAL RECRUITING DIRECTOR
“He might want to set his own path and go to Tennessee. I think they’re the team he feels most comfortable with. His brother is at Georgia and, yes, that will play an influence when you look at siblings but it’s not always a done deal. We’ve had twin brothers go to separate schools in the same class. These are brothers from different classes and Tennessee is making him more of a priority than Georgia or anybody else. He’s going to feel the love from Tennessee. That’s where he’s feeling the most love, and he’s going to pave his own path.”

-Rivals

I didn't even hate on him for picking GA. Didn't care for his choice in music..at all.. but I vent a bit and move on.
As someone else said, it was the deal with him refusing to even talk with Fulmer.
Different AD, then I don't give it much thought. But given the history, I found it very disrespectful, even for "a kid".

But that's Fulmer's slight to overlook/forgive, not mine. I'll just keep rolling along with whatever they feel best.

I was more upset about the one who was committed to us saying it.

Reactions: chargervol
The brothers have always talked about playing together in college. If Cooper chooses UT, it wouldn't be shocking to see Cade end his career in orange. I'm sure it would mean a lot to the family, and sometimes, that's what it's all about.

Percentage chance of that happening?

VN Store

Back