'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Wouldn't be surprised if Mays and Baron committed to UT sooner than later.

Would love it but they made it sound like on the VQ podcast that Mays was wanting a Clemson offer. I think it's huge that his family is coming with him this weekend, and I do think this staff plus our fall progression will swing him towards this team, but I also think his family and even he himself will want to take his time with this recruitment, and not commit to the good guys unless he's 110% sure this is the school for him.

While it's possible that family doesn't care about outside opinions, it's also possible that they know how ugly it would be if he committed to the Vols, only to decommit later and go to Clemson or UGA.

JMO

Reactions: Bobo0101
"The visit was very very good," Mays said. "I had the chance to sit down and talk with Coach Pruitt, coach Friend and coach Chaney. It was just a fun visit. I got the chance to sit down and talk with each of them separately." Mays got talk with Jeremy Pruitt privately for about 30 minutes. He followed that up with an hour conversation with Chaney and then multiple hours with Friend. He also got to speak with athletic director Phillip Fulmer, who coached his father Kevin in the early 90s. The message was simple and that's Cooper is a priority.

"Coach Friend feels like I can be a great help to them," Mays said. "They can see me being a captain and they want me really bad. Coach Friend thinks I can be the top center in the nation. Coach Chaney wants me there and that I'm a big priority."

"Coach Pruitt told me I could play anything from offense to defense," Mays said. "Anything I wanted to play because he said I'm just a good football player. He told me they need more players like me."

And the fact that Tennessee has made him a top priority in-state for 2020 has left quite the impression on Mays. "It matters a lot," Mays said. "Anytime coaches make you feel that you are a priority it's a big deal. Everyone preaches to go to a place that you are celebrated and not tolerated. If they are celebrating you then it makes you feel good. It's a big part of it."

"Maybe right before my senior year," Mays said. "I've not really thought about a date or anything. I"m not going to have an announcement. I'm going to commit when it feels right. Probably in the privacy of the coaches I want to commit to and announce it later."

- VQ

Just welcome Cooper to the clan and let the Cade thing go. Who could blame Cade for not wanting to play for Butch Jones? Cooper in his own way is every bit as good as Cade. He is intelligent, more mobile and just as dominant in finishing off blocks. Perfect center, IMO, although he would also dominate at G. This one stays home.

He is a vol if the message board and vol twatter warriors doesn’t F it up
Do what? Come on man. You think he’d be prepared to make the biggest, most important decision of his life for his future, and sign with Tennessee.....until he scrolled through VN and saw some anonymous “negative” post about him and then says the hell with all those hours he’s spent with Pruitt and staff, even a little bit with his fathers head coach Fulmer, and then he’ll head somewhere else?

Do what? Come on man. You think he’d be prepared to make the biggest, most important decision of his life for his future, and sign with Tennessee.....until he scrolled through VN and saw some anonymous “negative” post about him and then says the hell with all those hours he’s spent with Pruitt and staff, even a little bit with his fathers head coach Fulmer, and then he’ll head somewhere else?

I’m saying more if the family keeps receiving hate he isn’t going to come here. Kevin is one of the best O-lineman ever to wear the Orange , and he doesn’t get the warm welcoming of a vfl anymore from a percentage of the fan base. VQ guys said it best about the family visiting this weekend with him being so important There is all kind of holes to patch up here.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
So, according to Swain and Price, negative comments on message boards and Twitter can affect a recruits desire to attend Tennessee. Then why wouldn't rival fans use these means for negative recruiting? Why would anyone, recruits included, use a few negative comments by anonymous people on message boards or Twitter to make any decision?
Who wants to make their new home around people who could/ want to make their life unsettling when they don't have to put up with the bs somewhere else? Some people can let it roll off their back, others can't

Who wants to make their new home around people who could/ want to make their life unsettling when they don't have to put up with the bs somewhere else? Some people can let it roll off their back, others can't

We must be the only fanbase with some overzealous jackasses on social media.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: StoVol
"kids should stop being kids, or the adults on the internet will yell at them, and they'll deserve it."

it'd be nice if we could expect the adults to compose themselves in regards to situations that really don't personally involve them in any way instead of expecting a bunch of 17 year-olds to have wisdom and restraint that most of us did not exhibit at that age.
SMH...

Who are you shaking at, McGill?

giphy.gif

Just my unpopular opinion but if Clemson offers Cooper is gone. We're the backup plan with this guy.
Tbh don’t care if Mays or Tucker are in this class. We’re in on so many of the top lineman we’ll end up with a stud OL class in ‘20 regardless. If these kids prefer leaving home, adios!

Tbh don’t care if Mays or Tucker are in this class. We’re in on so many of the top lineman we’ll end up with a stud OL class in ‘20 regardless. If these kids prefer leaving home, adios!
I agree completely but still cross my fingers that Tucker is in this next class. It's often overstated but the 2020 class could end up being very special

Reactions: GoVolsDR

VN Store

Back