'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Yeah we need to stop recruiting all kids who don’t have Tennessee as their #1
Or we can let him commit and he dumps us for GA one week from national signing day. I didn't say stop recruiting him. I said when the oline fills up tell him sorry. Plus he's nowhere near the number one recruit. I bet he's not even number one on our list of olineman.

Last edited:
Reactions: BucksnortVol
Yea but that’s both sons...

I live in the same town as they do. I don’t know them. They are pretty low key around here. I would say, the decision to enroll their sons in a school in Knoxville and not local, pretty much says they have been looking out for their sons future for THEM and not worried about backlash. We are close to Knoxville and know the fandom around here.

I live in the same town as they do. I don’t know them. They are pretty low key around here. I would say, the decision to enroll their sons in a school in Knoxville and not local, pretty much says they have been looking out for their sons future for THEM and not worried about backlash. We are close to Knoxville and know the fandom around here.

Hubbs?

why is this a surprise? dude has been to TN how many times? hes had every opp to commit. i think i speak for a lot of tn fans...

dont stop recruiting...but....next.

Why? They’re all 6’6” 300lbs. You think people really gonna say ish to them irl?
Lol. DA people gonna DA. I would bet they get their fair share of grief.

This situation could be interesting. Probably not as good a player as his brother but this is a kid that could probably give us three solid years at center IMHO. Also I’ve heard Georgia told Cade his brother would have an offer when they recruited him last year. I’m wondering if the slow play effects where both end up in the future.

Or we can let him commit and he dumps us for GA one week from national signing day. I didn't say stop recruiting him. I said when the oline fills up tell him sorry. Plus he's nowhere near the number one recruit. I bet he's not even number one on our list of olineman.
No that would go to Morris

Thoughts from Nashville Opening Regional...

There are truly some talented offensive and defensive lineman from the Volunteer State in 2020. Cooper Mays weighed in at 275 pounds and easily bested interior DTs like Dietrick Pennington, who weigh around 300 pounds. Mays will always battle size concerns, but in both Charlotte and Nashville, he’s shown great balance and quickness. If he can hold 295 or more, he’ll be a real player at the next level. Mays seems primed for a ratings bump, too. This one may drag out longer than many like, but Tennessee is still the likeliest destination for Mays.

-Simonton

Cade was all Vol until Butch got fired. The family really liked Butch Jones.

If I remember correctly, Cade and a bunch of other big targets, like Adrian Martinez had their OV the weekend we got blanked 41-0 by UGA at home. Things started looking south around that time, along with much else.

If I remember correctly, Cade and a bunch of other big targets, like Adrian Martinez had their OV the weekend we got blanked 41-0 by UGA at home. Things started looking south around that time, along with much else.
I despise Butch Jones...he doesn't belong near a football program, unless said football program is name Alabama or Georgia.

I wish Cooper would commit to Tennessee, now. It's time for him to know what he wants to do and do it. Helping the team includes building this class.

Last edited:
from the Van Pron thread....thought this was telling lol:

"Coach Pittman is really, really cool. Since Day 1, Coach Pittman has always believed in me and my abilities. He's told me and Aki (Ogunbiyi) that we're the only two (linemen) in the country that he really wants. Aki has been recruiting me since, so that's the deal."

i don't think Cooper is super high on their board. jmo.

VN Store

Back