'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Cooper is not Cade and should be treated individually. We should give him every chance to be a Vol, and sell him on being a conquering hero coming home (like his brother didn’t).

I’m sure Kevin wishes Cade was a Vol, but did exactly what many on this board say about parents: they should let their kids make their own decisions, which I believe is correct. I bet Kevin would be pumped for Cooper to be a Vol and would help push him our way to avoid have 2 heathern kids.

Let Pruitt do his thing here.

Reactions: 3 people
Cooper is not Cade and should be treated individually. We should give him every chance to be a Vol, and sell him on being a conquering hero coming home (like his brother didn’t).

I’m sure Kevin wishes Cade was a Vol, but did exactly what many on this board say about parents: they should let their kids make their own decisions, which I believe is correct. I bet Kevin would be pumped for Cooper to be a Vol and would help push him our way to avoid have 2 heathern kids.

I'm sure after Cades Recruitment Pruitt knows where he and the university of Tennessee currently sits with the Mays family. From the offers handed out we are recruiting the best talent across the nation. If Pruitt feels we do not stand a chance I am sure he will not waste resources trying to recruit him just because he lives in Knoxville. We are going to recruit the best players who show a legitimate interest in Tennessee. It doesn't matter if they are from the Tenn, the South east, midwest, or California we getting the best talent that wants to be Vols.

I do not know how Pruitt feels but I'm pretty sure he has already made up his mind after a four hour sit down with Phil Fulmer, Cade, and the Mays family.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure after Cades Recruitment Pruitt knows where he and the university of Tennessee currently sits with the Mays family. From the offers handed out we are recruiting the best talent across the nation. If Pruitt feels we do not stand a chance I am sure he will not waste resources trying to recruit him just because he lives in Knoxville. We are going to recruit the best players who show a legitimate interest in Tennessee. It doesn't matter if they are from the Tenn, the South east, midwest, or California we getting the best talent that wants to be Vols.

I do not know how Pruitt feels but I'm pretty sure he has already made up his mind after a four hour sit down with Phil Fulmer, Cade, and the Mays family.

I’d say that’s spot on.

My hope is that this was a Cade decision, not a Mays family decision. To your point, we will see.

I'm glad you are not Pruitt

Why? If he comes on campus he's probably going to recruit for Clemson or GA. They've made their bed and they need to lie in it. I would not let any of the Mays kids anywhere near our campus. Cade was very disrespectful. He's a bull dog and needs to be treated as such. Blood is always thicker than water.

Last edited:
Why? If he comes on campus he's probably going to recruit for Clemson or GA. They've made their bed and they need to lie in it. I would not let any of the Mays kids anywhere near our campus. Cade was very disrespectful. He's a bull dog and needs to be treated as such. Blood is always thicker than water.

First of all, Cooper is not Cade. Cade signed with UGA. Cooper is his own man. They are different people. As you say, blood is thicker than water...and his father is a VFL.

Second of all, I am glad you are not Pruitt bc I wouldn't want a head coach that gives up or doesn't even try to recruit talent...especially talent that is a legacy.

Third of all, I am glad you are not Pruitt bc I would hate for our head coach to be wasting his time on an online message board and arguing with an idiot like me. :)

First of all, Cooper is not Cade. Cade signed with UGA. Cooper is his own man. They are different people. As you say, blood is thicker than water...and his father is a VFL.

His father is not a VFL. He wouldn't allow his former coach into his house.

Second of all, I am glad you are not Pruitt bc I wouldn't want a head coach that gives up or doesn't even try to recruit talent...especially talent that is a legacy.
I'm glad you're not our coach either. To be able to put on the orange is a privilege, not a right. It's already been rumored that Cooper is swinging from Dabo's nuts so i wouldn't trust him on campus in close proximity to any of our recruits. How quickly some can forget Hunter Johnson.

Third of all, I am glad you are not Pruitt bc I would hate for our head coach to be wasting his time on an online message board and arguing with an idiot like me. :)

It takes two idiots to tango, pal.

:)

id say we should plan on doing nothing, and precisely that. kid is either going to come to UT or he isnt. truly, life goes on.

id say we should plan on doing nothing, and precisely that. kid is either going to come to UT or he isnt. truly, life goes on.

Nothing ensures he won’t. I’m not saying we throw all eggs in one basket, but gotta still show some love.

Pretty sure if UT shows solid improvement over the next couple of seasons and show that they will competitive in the SEC, Cooper will be very interested.

Please let this thread die till at least through the dead period right now I do not think a 20 guy is on the top burner for a bit thanks and have a great Christmas

How do you know Cade was very disrespectful. Cause you read some rumors on Volnation? The same Volnation that got nothing correct about coaching search? The same Volnation that blows everything out of proportion? Where is one reliable source that shows Cade was very disrespectful?

How do you know Cade was very disrespectful. Cause you read some rumors on Volnation? The same Volnation that got nothing correct about coaching search? The same Volnation that blows everything out of proportion? Where is one reliable source that shows Cade was very disrespectful?

Did he allow an in home with CPF and CUP? Did he go hunting instead of allowing TN an opportunity? He releases a top 3 with no mention of TN. Thanks, but you keep making excuses for the dog and I'll believe what I choose to.

Pretty sure if UT shows solid improvement over the next couple of seasons and show that they will competitive in the SEC, Cooper will be very interested.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't recruit him unless he comes to Pruitt and says he's interested. I wouldn't even offer him unless he made the first move. IMO.

Lets see how this kid and our program progresses. If we win and he’s good, we may be a fit. Sometimes siblings want to go different places. Let’s not bash him over what Cade did

Lets see how this kid and our program progresses. If we win and he’s good, we may be a fit. Sometimes siblings want to go different places. Let’s not bash him over what Cade did

I'm not bashing the kid. I just wouldn't have a lot of trust in him. Until I did, I wouldn't allow him on campus.

I'm not bashing the kid. I just wouldn't have a lot of trust in him. Until I did, I wouldn't allow him on campus.

I’m not referring to you necessarily. I was referring more towards posters making fun of his looks etc. that would never happen if Cade had committed here.

I’m not referring to you necessarily. I was referring more towards posters making fun of his looks etc. that would never happen if Cade had committed here.

I didn't think you were, just wanted to point out I don't think you should trash the kid either. I just wouldn't have much of a trust factor with that family presently.

Two years is a long time-- '20 recruits could change their minds many times from now to signing. Land a strong '18 class and start winning and see where things are in a year. The coaches are recruiting Bryn Tucker so they'll be around Catholic. Cooper will either be receptive in time or he won't.

VN Store

Back