TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_8071653.jpg

OT
6-5
CLASS OF 20
MEMPHIS, TN
(FREEDOM PREP ACADEMY)

Chris Morris, Freedom Prep Academy, Offensive Tackle

Rivals.com

Christopher Morris - Hudl

Visiting tomorrow per Price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which makes it hard.. memphis is a Long Long ways to knoxville With other SEC schools closer

Oh, I agree. We have had very little luck in Memphis to begin with. Add in the distance and the fact we have generally sucked through these kids entire conscious lifetime, and it will be a hard pull. I trust Pruitt until he gives me reason not to, though.

Oh, I agree. We have had very little luck in Memphis to begin with. Add in the distance and the fact we have generally sucked through these kids entire conscious lifetime, and it will be a hard pull. I trust Pruitt until he gives me reason not to, though.

I'd imagine Pruitt has good memphis connections from his time at Bama....

four-star class of 2020 offensive lineman chris morris of freedom preparatory academy in memphis, tenn., confirmed to govols247 on thursday that he's planning to visit tennessee on saturday.

The 6-foot-3.5, 267-pound morris said he already has visited the vols "a few times," most recently attending their home game against massachusetts in september.

He said he's a friend of vols redshirt junior offensive tackle drew richmond, a fellow memphis native.

Morris has received scholarship offers from more than a dozen schools, including tennessee, alabama, florida, florida state, georgia, lsu, mississippi state, oklahoma, oregon, penn state and south carolina. He picked up an offer from lsu last month while visiting the tigers.

He's ranked by 247sports as the no. 222 overall prospect and no. 28 offensive tackle in the 2020 class and the no. 7 sophomore from the state of tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
“I really like the energy of staff, the facilities and their OL coach,” Morris told VolQuest.

“Coach (Friend) don’t play around. He keep it real no matter what. Plus, he knows what he’s talking about. I can tell, the way he was teaching pass pro.”

Morris made the trip with Freedom Prep teammates Tevin Carter, a 2022 quarterback who received an offer on the trip, and 2021 defensive end Renard Guinn, who also picked up a scholarship offer from the Vols on Saturday. All three prospects were quite impressed during the visit, but Morris said the Vols “are definitely” among his top schools early in the process.

“Tennessee for sure. Oklahoma, Oregon and Florida State,” he said of those also in hot pursuit.

“I like (Tennessee’s) family environment with the players, but when it’s time to work it’s (all about) football.”

With depth woes at tackle, UT’s new staff is certainly selling an opportunity to compete and contribute early. The fact Tennessee’s offensive line already has a strong West Tennessee flavor is a nice bonus for Morris, too.

The rising junior is friends with Drew Richmond and spent time with Richmond and Trey Smith on Saturday. Both prospects told him to “keep his grades right” before discussing the art of fundamentals on hand placement and footwork.

Morris recognized that Tennessee’s offensive line needs help, but “liked how they played hard together.”

The weekend visit also allowed Morris to hang out with one of his fellow Memphis buddies and rivals in 4-star OL/DL Omari Thomas, and the pair discussed the idea of possibly teaming up together down the road.

“We’re cool. We’re good friends,” Morris said. "We’ve been saying all the lineman coming out of Memphis should go to the same school. Me and him was talking about that this weekend.”

VQ

The weekend visit also allowed Morris to hang out with one of his fellow Memphis buddies and rivals in 4-star OL/DL Omari Thomas, and the pair discussed the idea of possibly teaming up together down the road.

“We’re cool. We’re good friends,” Morris said. "We’ve been saying all the lineman coming out of Memphis should go to the same school. Me and him was talking about that this weekend.”

latest

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back