TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

I think there was S&C issues and injury issues and too long in another system.
Kept seeing the older guys revert back to their old ways.

I have no attachment to Friend, if he doesn't help us win, I hope he's gone quickly. But there's no possible way to judge that from last year.
Silly to think you can during all that.

I think there was S&C issues and injury issues and too long in another system.
Kept seeing the older guys revert back to their old ways.

I have no attachment to Friend, if he doesn't help us win, I hope he's gone quickly. But there's no possible way to judge that from last year.
Silly to think you can during all that.
Eggzachary.

Where does S&C matter most? OL. If we didn’t have an SEC-quality program to speak of for 2 years, then where did that leave us?

Will Friend is about to make a fool of some people this year.

Lol come on. You act like they've never lifted a weight before Fitz. Butch's program was poor, but these former 4 and 5 star recruits were missing blitzes, whiffing on blocks, letting guys straight through, and getting JG killed -- which is not a S&C issue. They looked lost.

Also, it's not me nitpicking, they were legitimately the worst line in the country. Friend deserves criticism.

Are you his daughter or something? The original question was who on staff is subpar or something like that. I submitted Friend. Chill.
He’s gotta be a “daughter”, right? Cuz always a woman disagreeing with you!

Eggzachary.

Where does S&C matter most? OL. If we didn’t have an SEC-quality program to speak of for 2 years, then where did that leave us?

Will Friend is about to make a fool of some people this year.
The verdict isn’t in on Pruitt as a HC. But as a coaching lifer, he knows what good coaching looks like. Fact that he handpicked Friend AFTER working with him previously is enough for me.

New offensive system + Poor S&C + QB who has questionable defense reading skills + QB who holds the ball too long + questionable OC = Bad OL coach. Right.

OL and QB will look much better this year due to Chaney tweaking the system to strengths and away from weakness. Friend will suddenly look serviceable.

No big time program fears the NCAA any longer. The big programs look at the NCAA like Mayberry looked at Barney. Cheating has always been rampant in big time college athletics. It's on a whole different level now. Some programs have a "recruiting budget" that dwarfs most. It's not hard to tell which ones. If you are going to compete with the big boys, you have to cheat with the big boys. I don't think we are "investing" in recruiting like some other programs are.

If we weren’t “investing” in recruiting we wouldn’t be in on so many highly rated guys. It comes down to us having no success in the last 12 years. While we may not have the budget of the top top schools ie Bama, UGA, tOSU. We are investing in recruiting.

I'll trust Pruitt and Co over the goon squad of Kiffin. They are here to stay and are building a dominant program like we haven't seen since Neyland.

I REALLY hope you're right! I agree that coach Pruitt & staff are a better fit for UT, due to them wanting to work for Coach Pruitt & UT, in comparison to them using UT as a stepping stone. I just hope you're right, as far as them wanting to stay here and actually build a blue chip franchise! I do believe Chaney is here to stay until his retirement. As for Martin, I'm not sure about. The moment he gets a head coaching job offer ( assuming all goes well ) I could see him accepting it, depending on the offer, of course (LOYALTY). For the rest of them, we'll see.

If we weren’t “investing” in recruiting we wouldn’t be in on so many highly rated guys. It comes down to us having no success in the last 12 years. While we may not have the budget of the top top schools ie Bama, UGA, tOSU. We are investing in recruiting.
I think we invest but it takes time to develope a system. Sure we are in a some big time recruits and we chose which ones we throw the kitchen sink at. Other programs have more kitchen sinks. I also think when the kitchen sinks are equal, other factors become the deciding factor, such as current success. We are are playing with a different set of cards that some other programs.

No big time program fears the NCAA any longer. The big programs look at the NCAA like Mayberry looked at Barney. Cheating has always been rampant in big time college athletics. It's on a whole different level now. Some programs have a "recruiting budget" that dwarfs most. It's not hard to tell which ones. If you are going to compete with the big boys, you have to cheat with the big boys. I don't think we are "investing" in recruiting like some other programs are.

You definitely know what you're talking about because many around here play naive on a frequent basis. Everyone cheats and if they aren't cheating they're not winning. The NCAA are so weak and not respected these days it's hilarious.

Also they have top notch facilities that are almost 2nd to none. The money that comes through aTm is unreal.
Yep, their official fundraising I think was highest in the SEC. Some rank Clemson highly but they’re kind of corny imo; Oregon and A&M were the nicest in the country a few years ago.

Reactions: de1conley
The one that got away from us
Austin had a very nice job. He shot for the moon at Tennessee and came up short bc he could do so. He knew he would end up back at LSU or find a better job if Tennessee didn’t pan out.

It’s funny bc we seem to have no loyalty whatsoever as far as former associations or alumni are concerned. People want more out of Tennessee than anywhere else. Probably bc our admin has a history of incompetence

The verdict isn’t in on Pruitt as a HC. But as a coaching lifer, he knows what good coaching looks like. Fact that he handpicked Friend AFTER working with him previously is enough for me.
He was college roommates with Friend, along with Kitchens. It’s fine to bring your buddy along but very hard to fire them.

@Atlanta VOL said you were? Support for TN has never been a problem, always backed the program in every way.

Reactions: AllVolinGA
If Richt fired Martinez, then Pruitt will have no trouble cutting bait with Friend if he doesn’t perform.
After his job was on the line, honestly Richt should have been fired with him for keeping him 2 years to long or promoting him to start with.

Reactions: KBVol

So you think we ended up with Crouch after going 9-15 the last two seasons because Pruitt beat him at XBOX? Our current AD got our current WR coach paid back during the day. The people at the top of our program know what’s up. I’m sure our “investment “ level is just fine lol.

After his job was on the line, honestly Richt should have been fired with him for keeping him 2 years to long or promoting him to start with.

Yep, and I think JP is way more ruthless than CMR. He’s giving Friend another year to show what he can do with a little more talent. You don’t come up with Probst and Saban and keep dead weight for sentimental reasons. At least I would sure pray he wouldn’t.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back