TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

"i've been to tennessee multiple times, maybe three or four times," he said. "i went to games last year. My eighth-grade year i went to games. I've been to tennessee a lot. "it's like home for me almost."

richmond, another memphis product who signed with tennessee in 2015, and morris have trained together in the past. Morris said richmond is "like my brother" and the two talk "just about every day."

"me and drew made this one bet when i was younger, and i told him i was going to be a five-star," morris added. "i was like, 'i'm going to be a five-star before you became a five-star.' it's like basically competing. We just made silly little fool bets on pancakes (blocks). When i was younger it was just play around and train. Now that i became a five-star before he did, it's real. "with drew, he tells me what i need to look for, what's good about it, what's bad, what's the ups, what's the downs. He's just telling me everything i need to know about tennessee and football. It's like he's basically a coach, but just not here."

Reactions: 6 people
Chris Morris and Marcus Henderson out of Memphis along with Bryn Tucker would be quite the instate OL haul in '20. Omari Thomas out of Memphis too but apparently UT wants him as a DT. Get em Pruitt.

Reactions: 3 people
"Tennessee is definitely in my top five," Morris said. "They are in my top three. I like everything about what Tennessee has to offer." With a solid core group of west Tennessee linemen currently on the roster, Morris hears from Drew Richmond, Trey Smith and Jerome Carvin. "I train with those guys when they are back," Morris said. "We talk a lot and it's just like best friends. They tell me to go where it feels like home and where I feel like I can play and put out."

They have also pitched keeping the west Tennessee train of lineman going in Knoxville. "We want to keep it in the family and keep the o-line from Memphis to come to Tennessee," Morris said. "It's a tradition." That's the peer recruiting, but there is also the Tennessee staff that has made Morris a huge priority for the 2020 class.

"Coach Friend has a different standpoint," Morris said. "He's aggressive and he's going to tell you what you need to do. He's not going to beat around the bush. He's going to get the job done no matter what."

Morris hopes to be back on campus multiple times this summer. He is planning on camping at Tennessee and then another trip to just hang out with Richmond and others. "I think leading is my best attribute," Morris said. "With me, people think it's about size, but I think it's about attitude. As for the technique, I think that is very important as well. I try to work hard in that area."

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
I like hearing these kids with a real work ethic, and how they respond to coaches who talk to them about how they'll have to work. They get challenged, and all they think of is stepping up to that challenge.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back